22

The publicity department acted quickly. As soon as the meeting was over, the news about the Mid-Autumn Festival Gala was spread throughout the factory. Slogans for the event were posted everywhere, and posters were painted on the blank walls. They even used the radio to solicit performances. The workers in the factory also learned about the news. Everyone was talking about it and was very interested in it.

The gala was scheduled on the night before the Mid-Autumn Festival. The factory attached great importance to this event. With the efforts of Chairman Wan, the factory committee also allocated some funds, which was much better than expected. The leaders in the factory were also very generous this time. They directly decided on the rewards for excellent programs, not only material rewards, but also cash rewards.

The first place winner not only gets a certificate, but also a bonus of 100 yuan, which is almost three months' salary for an ordinary worker, and is a huge sum of money. However, there are only two first prizes, three second prizes, and a bonus of 50 yuan. There are five third prizes, and a bonus of 20 yuan.

The factory wants to use this event as a good opportunity for external publicity. Not only will they invite some people from other factories, but it would be best if they also invite leaders from the county or even the city. Their factory has been trying to update its equipment for the past two years, but they are a little short of funds. They want the city and county finances to help and support them, but unfortunately they have been rejected, and they are helpless.

This evening party is an opportunity. The theme they chose is the factory's experience over the years. Let the leaders see it, maybe it will arouse some feelings, promote the attention of the people below, and get some support.

It would be best if there were reporters from the city or even the province to interview them. Then they can directly reach the provincial government. With the attention from above, their factory will definitely develop better. You know, many factories are competing for points now.

For a while, many leaders in the factory were mobilizing their own relationships to expand the influence of this evening party.

Two days after the meeting, Chairman Wan and Chairman Xu went to the city for a meeting, but the tasks had been assigned, and everyone was doing their own job.

Since the tasks were assigned, Li Chengye and Hu Liren had fewer tasks. However, they did not have to go around to promote the event. They were in the office these days organizing the evening party process. There are many things to prepare for an evening party from entrance to exit, and all aspects need to be coordinated, so they are also very busy.

Li Chengye has not been able to take care of family matters these days. Sometimes he does not even have time to go home for dinner. Li's mother has always been in charge of family matters. On this day, Li Chengye finally finished a stage of his work and missed Li's mother's meal, so he went home as soon as he got off work.

Because he did not tell Li's mother in advance, Li Chengye was worried that his family had not prepared his own meal, so he went to the cafeteria to get two dishes, one was stir-fried meat with green peppers and the other was stir-fried Chinese cabbage.

In Li Chengye's mind, when he returned home, his mother should come out with two children to greet him. Unfortunately, the real situation was an empty yard with a locked door. No one was at home.

When he opened the door, there were some leftovers on the table. It seemed that Li's mother and her family had already eaten and had no intention of waiting for him.

Li Chengye sighed helplessly, opened the lunch box he brought back, and sat on a chair in the main room to eat.

The food was already cold, but it didn't matter since it was hot now. Li Chengye ate slowly, then cleaned the table and washed the dishes. When he came out after cleaning up, it was already past six o'clock, but Li's mother and her family still hadn't returned.