106

While they were talking, Xu's aunt and Li's mother came out with the dishes. Xu's aunt was a good dancer. She said, "I didn't cook any dishes. They were just simple home-cooked dishes. The taste was average." But the dishes on the table were really not simple. There were fish, meat and chicken. They looked full of color and smelled fragrant. The cooking skills were very good.

After seeing it, Mr. Jiang was very satisfied. "Hahaha, you must have put a lot of effort into this meal today, and you are still so humble!" This is also a kind of attitude. Although his granddaughter is now a second marriage, she should be valued.

Grandpa Xu also smiled, "Okay, eat more if you feel satisfied. Maybe we will all be a family in the future, and there will be many opportunities!" He looked at the girl sitting next to Grandpa Xu, his eyes were full of satisfaction, and he felt that the couple in front of him were very well matched.

"Yes, yes, yes..." Grandpa Jiang was also very satisfied. During this period, many people introduced their granddaughter, but they were all very old, some were older than his son, which really worried him to death.

As the dishes were served, Li's mother and Xu's eldest aunt also sat down. Li's mother sat next to Li Chengye. Although she was eating, her eyes were always on her son and the girl next to him.

"Chengye, pour some wine!" The more Grandpa Xu and Grandpa Jiang talked, the happier they were. They didn't eat much food, but they drank a lot of wine. Xu Jintu persuaded them several times, but it was a pity that it was useless.

"Grandpa, let's eat some food first. The wine is gone. I'll get you some more?" Li Chengye looked at his grandfather and shook the bottle with his hand. The bottle was opaque, so he didn't have to worry about someone finding out that he was lying.

"How come it's over so quickly? Hurry up and get another bottle." Grandpa Xu was also a little unhappy, but he didn't doubt Li Chengye's words. After all, he looked very calm.

"Okay." Li Chengye stood up, and seeing that the two were not paying attention, he took the bottle and left the table and walked to the kitchen. Of course, he didn't go to get more wine. Wine is a precious commodity now, so the Xu family only prepared one bottle. The main reason is that the two old men of the Xu and Jiang families have health problems, big or small, and abstaining from alcohol is a daily routine. It is already a concession to drink a little today.

Li Chengye stood in the kitchen for a while, and was about to go back and say that there was no wine, when he saw Xu's eldest aunt walked in, with a smile on her face, looking mysterious. As soon as she came in, she grabbed Li Chengye's sleeve and asked in a low voice: "How is it? Isn't that girl nice?"

"Let me tell you, I have inquired about this matter. This girl has been a smart person since she was a child. She can go out of the living room. Although she is not good at the kitchen, it doesn't matter. She can learn it. The most important thing is that she is also a high school student and has a very good job..."

Before Xu's aunt finished speaking, Li's mother also came in. Her face did not look very happy, and she was a little angry.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Li Chengye found something wrong at the first time, interrupted Xu's aunt's words, and ran over to support her.

"Second sister, what's wrong?" Xu's aunt also found something wrong and looked a little worried.

Mother Li hesitated for a while, then sighed and said, "Sister-in-law, let's forget about today's matchmaking. The wealthy family will definitely not look down on our family business!"

Xu's uncle frowned when she heard this, and asked in confusion, "What do you mean? Did you find out something?" She thought about it carefully, and today's meal was quite peaceful. Although she was mainly concerned about Old Master Xu and the others, the two young people sitting together looked very compatible.