112

Just when Li Chengye was hesitating whether to go or not, Professor Xu finally came back, just on the day when the application form for studying abroad was due.

"Have you filled out the application form?" Professor Xu was very direct, and said this as soon as he saw Li Chengye.

"?" Li Chengye was stunned for a moment and didn't say anything.

"Why haven't you filled it out yet? Didn't you say you had to hand it in today?" Seeing him like this, Professor Xu frowned, and seemed very dissatisfied with his inaction.

"I haven't decided whether to go or not?" Li Chengye smiled helplessly.

"Why hesitate? It's a good opportunity to go abroad. Besides, the environment abroad is different from here. You can speed up your study. Maybe you can get a master's degree in two years."

"And we also need to learn more about some foreign economic models and understand some large foreign companies..."

Professor Xu is very supportive of Li Chengye going abroad. Now is a situation where everything is in ruins. Although we say we need to develop the economy, many things are still only discussed in meetings. There are still many uncertain factors. Constant meetings, constant research, and constant inspections will not allow them to take real exams and practice so quickly.

"Besides, I asked you to study abroad for more than just a study mission. We have been out of touch with the international community for too long, and a lot of information is incomplete. I hope you can give me an economic report every month while you are abroad, focusing on observing the stock and securities market..."

"It would be best if you could go to the New York Stock Exchange for an internship..."

There was no chance for Li Chengye to speak. Professor Xu had arranged Li Chengye's study time for the next two years, leaving him no free time.

"Then on your side..." Li Chengye's previous plan was to do a practical project with Professor Xu's project team as soon as possible.

Professor Xu shook his head and laughed, "Changes are much faster than planned. My current tasks are more complicated. Don't worry, you can do more things after you finish your studies and return home."

Professor Xu has already said this, Li Chengye will naturally not say that he doesn't want to go here. He also knows that his qualifications are too shallow now. Even if he has some ideas, it will be difficult to be taken seriously and the role he can play is very small.

"I will fill out the form and hand it in later."

"What are you waiting for? I just have the application form here. You fill it out and give it to me." Professor Xu took out a piece of paper directly from the drawer of his office. It was the application form for government-sponsored study abroad.

Li Chengye smiled helplessly, took it, and filled it out directly in Professor Xu's office.

Name, age, major, and other information were filled in one by one, and Li Chengye quickly filled in the application form.

"Okay, just give me the form, and don't worry about other things. Just wait to study abroad!" Li Chengye just stopped writing, and Professor Xu quickly snatched the name list from him.

"Got it." Li Chengye was helpless. Professor Xu seemed to say that his study abroad was already decided.

"I'm telling you, don't think you can relax after going abroad. You need to report your learning progress to me frequently. International long-distance travel is a bit difficult. Just write to me on time. I have an acquaintance in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. When the time comes, the letter will be sent through there, which will be faster." Although international long-distance travel is available now, the cost is too high. It must take a long time for them to communicate, and using the phone is not a problem.