6

There are ox carts going to the town every day from He'an Village, but they are not specifically for transporting people. Their village has cooperation with the town's purchasing station, and they transport some fresh vegetables and fruits to sell every morning. You can also bring some people with you, but each person costs three cents. Of course, there are limited places, so you have to go earlier.

When Li Chengye and his friends arrived, the ox cart was already there. A man was putting a basket of cucumbers on the cart pulled by the ox. The cart looked quite big, and more than half of the things were already on it, but there was still room for people. This time was the busy farming season, and everyone was working in the fields. Unless there were special circumstances, the village would not give people a break at all. Li's mother was also an exception this time.

The man working was an old man in his fifties, looking a little thin, with some white hair. He was wearing a black cloth shirt with nearly a dozen patches on it. Hearing the noise, the old man looked up and saw Li Chengye standing next to Li's mother.

"Ye boy, are you still alive?" The old man's eyes widened, and he even forgot the basket in his hand. He was obviously very surprised by Li Chengye's appearance.

"Of course he is alive. My son is very lucky. The news was wrong." Before Li Chengye could answer, Li's mother rushed to speak, with a smile on her face, and she was full of energy, sweeping away her previous sluggish state.

"Uncle Jiang." Li Chengye also recognized this person. He could be said to be a native of the village. Almost everyone in the village has the surname Jiang. Counting back several generations, almost all of them are relatives, and they are very united with each other, so the village secretary and the village chief are almost all surnamed Jiang.

Li Chengye's family is different. His parents are orphans who moved here from outside and have no relatives. So Li's mother found a wife for Li Chengye who has a prosperous family, thinking that since he is often away from home, such a marriage can help each other take care of each other. Unexpectedly, when something happened, it became a waste of effort.

"Good boy, it's good to be alive, otherwise what will your mother do with the two little kids?" Jiang Bo was surprised for a while when he saw Li Chengye, but then he was very happy. Before Li Chengye's father passed away, he cured many people in the village. It can be said that many people have benefited from his kindness. Even his father's broken leg was cured by Li's father. He still remembered this kindness.

Li Chengye smiled and said nothing.

"Hey, are you going to the town?" While talking, Jiang Bo had put the last basket on the cart, clapped his hands, and then picked up his whip to drive the cows.

"Yes, yes, it's just right to take your cart. We two adults will give you six cents." Li's mother took out six cents from her trouser pocket and handed it to Jiang Bo.

"Hey, big sister, what money are you giving me? I can take your money, but my brother Li will come to see me tonight. Besides, this is just a side gift, so you keep it." Uncle Jiang put his arm against her hand, as if he was unwilling to take it.

"What are you talking about? Chengye's father is not that kind of person. Besides, this money is to be handed over to the village. It would be bad if I don't give it to others." Although Mother Li knew that he was kind, it was not so easy to take advantage of it. Even the village chief and others had to pay for the ride, so it was better for them to give it.

"Uncle Jiang, just keep it. This is what we should pay. Let's not embarrass you." Li Chengye also said, he didn't have much money to begin with, and it would be bad if others knew about it and caused dissatisfaction.