9

Li Chengye returned to the main room but did not see Mother Li. The room was quiet. He went to the kitchen first and found no one there. Then he went to the room and saw Mother Li sitting on the bed with her back to the door and her head down. She looked very upset.

She must have been mad at the Hu family. Li Chengye went over to comfort her, but her hand was just thrown away when he put it on her shoulder. Li Chengye looked at Mother Lu who was facing away from him and looked like she didn't want to pay attention to him. Why did he feel like she was mad at him?

"Mom, what's wrong? Isn't everything settled?"

"Solved? It was settled, but how can you say you won't get married? Who will introduce you to a date?" Mother Li turned around angrily. She only regretted not covering her son's mouth earlier. It was really a headache.

"That's it!"

"That's it? That's it? You are still so young now. Are you planning to be a bachelor for the rest of your life? You really want to piss me off to death..." Mother Li was really angry at this time. She was dissatisfied with her son who she loved so much just two days ago.

"Mom, we are fine now, and we don't need one more person."

"It's not about adding one more person. Now the two children are young, how can they be without mother to take care of them? Besides, you are so young, how can you not have a wife to take care of you." Li's mother glared, as if she thought of something, and looked at Li Chengye with suspicion, "You are not injured somewhere and haven't told me, right?"

Li Chengye was speechless under her suspicious gaze, and then shook his head firmly.

"That's good, that's good." Li's mother was relieved now.

"Mom, I really don't want to get married. You know, Xiaoxi and Xiaobei have changed a lot because of their mother's affairs. It must be difficult for them to accept a sudden addition of someone. Besides, there are only a few stepmothers in the village who can really treat their children well. Aren't you afraid that you will have a stepfather if you have a stepmother?" Li Chengye tried his best to avoid the topic and said seriously.

"You dare." Mother Li glared at Li Chengye fiercely.

"That's hard to say." Li Chengye smiled without fear. Human nature has always been complicated. He himself was not sure whether he would be so good to the original owner's children after he had his own children. People's hearts are biased.

"..." Li's mother was also so angry with her son that she couldn't get angry anymore. How could he say that about her? It was simply...

"If you become a stepfather, I will beat you to death."

"Mom, think about it. I already have two sons. You are not very old. Our family does not need another woman at all. What if another troublemaker comes?"

"That's possible. I will definitely keep my eyes open this time." Li's mother still wanted to fight for a while.

"Mom, did you choose Hu Xiuqin with your eyes closed?" Li Chengye saw that Li's mother's attitude softened, and now he was in the mood to make a joke.

"That's because she's so good at pretending!" Mother Li was speechless. You know, her son didn't like Hu Xiuqin at first. She was the one who kept saying that this girl was good and that he must marry her. How could she have thought...

Alas, it really is...

"Okay, let's not talk about this anymore. Let's talk about moving to the county!" Li Chengye felt that the matter of finding a partner was over.

"Why are you talking about this again? Didn't we say not to talk about it for the time being?"

"Mom, we must move for Xiaoxi and Xiaobei's family. They have no mother, and I, as a father, can't just have a title, right? Besides, moving to the county will be good for them in the future. There is no elementary school in our village, and we have to go to the town, which is not convenient at all."