Chapter 44: Mascarade Ball

Wednesday

Mackenzie

Dear Sirius, James, Remus, and Lily,

How are you guys doing? I'm doing fine just a little tried from Quidditch. Dumbledore announced that we are going to have a mascaraed ball for years 5 and up on Halloween. Yeah! Note the sarcasm. Anyway the rest of the girls are forcing me to go shopping and we were wondering if Lily wants to  go shopping with us on Friday during the next hogsmead trip. I'm going to the mascaraed with Charlie, Bella is going with Jake , Iris is going with Jackson, and Cinder is going with Ben as friends but we all know they like each other I even bet 5 galleons that Ben will ask Cinder in a date after the ball and Malina can't go.

Love, Mac/Kenzie/Pup/Mackenzie

I went up to the owlery to send it. I get a reply

Dear Mac,

        Lily said she would love to go to hogsmead with you girls and she'll meet you at the three broomsticks. I also bet you 5 galleons Cinder will get asked out by Ben after  Christmas. Padfoot, Moony, and Wormtail say hey. I love you and miss you.  

      Your older more superior brother Sirius

I just roll my eyes .

"Ahhh I can't wait." Iris squeals.

"Same I'm so excited." Cinder claps.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"Be excited. It's a dance. You get to dress up and feel pretty." Bella says hitting my arm.

"I feel pretty without a dress and make up thank you very much." I say before heading to class.

Time skip to Friday

Classes have been cancelled because the all girls are going dress shopping. After breakfast Cinder, Bella, Iris, and Malina pull me out and headed to the three broomsticks where we are meeting Lily.

"Hey Lils." I say hugging her.

"Hey Missy." She says hugging me back.

"What's with the old nickname? You haven't called me that since second year." I ask.

"I haven't seen you in a while and everyone has a nickname for you plus Mackenzie is to long. " she explains.

"Ok now that that's settled let's go shopping!" Malina squeals.

We find all are dresses, shoes, masks, and any other accessories we need.

"Lily can you do are hair tomorrow?" Bella asks.

"Yeah I'll ask Dumbledore." Lily responds.

Lily leaves and we head back to hogwarts. "So what's this I hear about you and Ben?" I ask nudging Cinder.

"I don't know what you mean." She blushes.

"Does someone have a crush?" Iris asks. Cinder blushes even more.

"She does!" Malina and Bella announce.

"You would look cute together." I state.

"Really?" Cinder says. The girls all nod in agreement.

Time skip to the ball on Saturday Aka Halloween

Third

"Mazie honestly hurry up. You take forever to eat." Iris whines.

"Well I'm sorry I'm hungry. I'm a growing girl." Mackenzie retorts.

"Have you seen any of the guys?" Bella asks.

"I haven't seen them since Thursday." Malina says.

"Let's go Mazie. Lily will be here in Two hours and we have to get showered and prepped." Iris says again.

"Fine you can take me." Mackenzie says crossing her arms over her chest

. Then the Cinder, Bella, Iris and Malina  come and kidnap/drag her out of the great hall. They all head up to Bella, Iris, and Mackenzie's dorm to get ready. Cinder is getting ready with them .

They enter the dorm and Lily is waiting for them. Lily does their hair and helps them get ready. Cinder's hair is down in curls, Iris' hair is braided, Bella's hair is straightened, and Mackenzie's hair is in a bun. Cinder is wearing a grey and white strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and the top is decorated with black and white flowers. She's also wearing a silver mask with white and black accents, pearl earrings, a silver necklace with silver beads, black open toed heels, and a Lokai bracelet. Iris is wearing teal strapless with a sweetheart neckline and black feathers in her waist with a bejeweled accent in her waist. She also has a black mask with black father on the side and glitter black accents, teal jewel earnings, black wedges, her promise ring, and a teal gem necklace. Bella wore a white sleeveless dress with a sweetheart necklace and the top was black and had little flowers. She also has a white lace mask with a flower on the side, black flower earrings, white open toed heels, her promise ring and a black flower necklace. Mackenzie is wearing a blue strapless dress with black and silver flower accents all around the dress. She's also wearing a blue mask with black lace, silver glittery heels, diamond earrings, her promise ring and her key necklace. Cinder, Bella, Iris, and Mackenzie all walked down the stairs together and meet there dates at the bottom of the stairs. Charlie, Jake, Jackson, and Ben all had simple black masks on.

"Let's get going ." Charlie said as Mackenzie took his arm. The other girls doing the same.

They all arrived in the great hall to find it decorated for Halloween. The first song came on called Once Upon A Dream. All the guys took the girls waist and the girls put their arms in the boys necks and strayed to dance. Some favorite songs that played were the monster mash, A dream is a wish your heart makes, Can you feel the love tonight, and at the end of the night the song (I've had) the time of my life played. At midnight Ben escorted Cinder to the Ravenclaw common room and Charlie, Jake, and Jackson escorted the girls to theirs.

Gryffindor common room

"Goodnight Rose. Remember we have a date tomorrow. I love you." Charlie said kissing Mackenzie. Then both headed up to their dorms.

"Goodnight babe. I love you and remember date tomorrow meet me in the common room at 12." Jackson said kissing Iris and then they both headed to bed.

"Night Bella. I love you and remember the date tomorrow." Jake said Kissing her then they both headed to bed.

Both girls and boys all around the castle went to bed with a smile on their face because of this magical night.