Chapter 41: New friend/ Roomate

Cinder

During the feast I saw Xenophilius and my stomach fluttered but it soon stopped when I saw him kiss a girl on the lips.

"Who's that?" I ask the Ravenclaw next to me I think his name is mike.

"That's Xenophilius' girlfriend Pandora. "

"Oh ok."

And I eat the rest of dinner in silence. In the way to the common room  I didn't see where I was going and ran into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't see you." A boy with brown hair and brown eyes with freckles said.

"Oh it's fine it was my fault." I say sadly.

"Hey it's ok. My name is Bernard Wells but you can call me Ben. What's wrong."

"I'm Cinder and it's just that the guy I had a little crush has a girlfriend. " I say snuffling a bit.

"Hey it's ok. He is stupid not to notice you. your very pretty." Ben says patting my back.

I suddenly felt better. "Thanks Ben. What house are you in? I'm in Ravenclaw and I'm a seventh year even though I'm 16." I say

"Well I'm in Hufflepuff and in seventh year and I turned 17 on November 5." He replies.

"Well it was nice to meet you Ben see you around." I say.

"Same to you. See you."

He waves and I walk up to my common room. Once I solve the riddle I enter the common room and head to my dorm it says I'm sharing a dorm with Pandora Winters. That must be Xenophilius' girlfriend. Oddly enough I don't feel sad or jealous any more after my talk with Ben. I'm actually excited to meet her. I walk into the dorm and see Pandora unpacking her stuff. She hears the door open and turns around with a smile.

"Hi you must be Cinder. I'm Pandora." She smiles and sticks out her hand for me to shake.

"That's correct. It's nice to meet you." I say shaking her hand.

"So I heard you got moved up a year. Am I correct?" She asks.

"Yeah  I'm supposed to be in sixth year but I got moved up to seventh. Along with my friends Bella, Iris, and Mackenzie from Gryffindor." I reply.

"That's so cool." She said amazed.

"So I heard you were dating Xenophilius?" I ask.

"Oh yeah we started just this summer actually." She said blushing.

"What about you do you like anyone?"

"Um I think I might like a Hufflepuff bit I'm not sure." I answer.

The rest of the night was spent talking between the two of us.

"I think we are going to be great friends." Pandora says before going to bed.

"I agree." I say before falling asleep.

Sorry for the short chapter I promise the next will be longer.