Affection

"Purr.. Purr.. Purrr..."

"Geez Samantha, you purr a lot!" Ty laughed, continuing to pet the little Borrower's head. She beamed up at him in response, giggling a little.

"Sorry, can't be helped." She chirped in a guilty and yet not-so-sorry way. The predator rolled his eyes, smiling again before laying down beside the small neko.

"Uhuh, I know I know." He mumbled, stifling a yawn. He was always so tired since it was almost December, which was the time most predators would begin their hibernation. Ty however, was refusing to allow himself to fall asleep, so he could still spend time with his smaller friend.

"You should let yourself sleep once in a while." Samantha commented at the yawn, clambering onto his shoulder blade. "You're always tired." He tilted his head to rest his cheek on his arms, shrugging a little.

"Mehhh..." Was all he replied with. She giggled at his response, laying down against the side of his neck and sighing peacefully. "Besides," Ty added, "I wouldn't get to keep an eye on you, who knows what you'll do." She smirked, sliding off of him to walk in front of his vision, a few inches away from his face.

"Who? Me?" She inquired with an 'innocent' expression and tone. He immediately scoffed, reaching out to easily swipe her off the carpet.

"Yeah right." He replied sarcastically, sitting up and leaning against the wall to hug the little neko. She started purring again, nuzzling her best friend with content.

"But still..." She whined in a playful tone. "You really do need sleep." Ty stayed silent for a few seconds, then let out a weary sigh.

"Alright..." She grinned and nuzzled his hand, purring as he got up and walked over to his bed. Still coddling the little Borrower in his hands, he laid down across the mattress and let the little neko remain resting on his chest. He grabbed his jacket and put it over himself, careful to not hurt his tiny friend in the process. Samantha purred again, a little more quietly as she lightly kneaded his shirt, then laid down as well when Ty rested the edge of the heavy yet soft jacket over her, petting her again before withdrawing his hand. She let out a tiny mew in response, curling up and happily snuggling.

"... You're really warm." She softly sighed, rubbing her head against him. He grinned and managed to stifle his laughter to not jerk her.

"Thanks?" He questioned. She smiled happily, lightly gripping his shirt in tiny fists as she closed her eyes, her ears flickering every now and then.

"You're welcome..." She mumbled drowsily, wriggling a little to shift into a more comfortable resting position, also receiving a giggle from the predator.

"Hey, stop that, that tickles!" He laughed softly. Samantha gave out an evil grin, lightly scratching him again to cause him to squirm a little, both now laughing. "Hey, that-that's not stopping!" He chortled, pulling his jacket to the side to playfully attack the little neko by wriggling his finger against her flank. Squealing in response, she fell over on her other side to roll away from him and curl up in a little ball to avoid being tickled, which failed when he did it again.

After a few minutes, Ty's playful attacks went to stroking the little Borrower on the back, hearing Samantha's purrs blend in with her racing heart as she relaxed.

"... Well so much for sleeping." She murmured, a soft smile still etched over her lips. Ty smiled as well.

"... Yeah." He agreed. Then after a few minutes, he yawned. "Although now I feel ready to rest."

"Okay." Samantha mumbled in a small voice, letting out a small yawn as well before sitting up and hugging his index. He stayed still, smiling softly as the little neko rested the side of her head against his finger, murring a little. He finally let his finger gently slide out of her grip, and then put the jacket over them both again, laying back down for a few minutes in silence.

"Hey T-Ty?" He stirred at the inquisitive tone, and lifted his head forward to see Samantha staring at him with a serious, timid and affectionate gaze.

"Hmm?" He mumbled.

"I-I know that, you're a predator, and-and I'm a Borrower, but uh, I-I've kinda grown to consider you as a-a brother, or even a-a father." She shyly stammered, blushing in embarrassment while her ears wilted against the sides of her head. He felt happiness bloom with a warm feeling in his chest, and he caressed the little Borrower's head.

"I've been considering you family too, like a little sister." She smiled with her huge brown eyes glimmering with joy, then she yawned and leaned back into his hand. He chuckled softly and eased her into a laying down position back on his check, then let his hand rest over her like a blanket.

"Good night Samantha..." He murmured. Sighing peacefully, he closed his eyes and allowed himself to fall asleep, with his little neko asleep and resting right over his heart.