Acrophobia {Sawamura Daichi}

You tapped your feet nervously as you sat in one of the Ferris wheel cars, clenching your hands into fists and releasing them over and over. Your heart was pounding and your stomach was full of butterflies—heck, maybe even a whole jungle—all because your boyfriend had decided to drag you onto the Ferris wheel.

He knew you were afraid of heights. He wanted you to face your fear, though, and this seemed like the perfect way to torment you. At this point, you were a bundle of nerves and you were surprised you hadn't passed out yet.

"C'mon, (f/n), relax. You'll be fine. I won't let anything happen to you," Daichi reassured you as he put his arm around your shoulders. You moved closer to him for comfort and buried your head in his shoulder.

"Tell me when it's over," you whimpered, your voice muffled by the soft fabric of his shirt.

He frowned slightly as he took your cold and clammy hand in one of his, lacing his fingers in between yours. He knew you hated heights, but he had no idea your fear of them was this extreme. He felt a bit bad for making you suffer now that he saw how uncomfortable you were.

For half of the ride, your face remained in his shoulder while he watched the car ascend, the ground becoming farther and farther away. When the car reached the peak of the Ferris wheel, Daichi decided to take a chance to make the ride worthwhile.

"Hey, (f/n), look," he told you gently. You lifted your head out of his shoulder, flinching slightly when you saw how high up you were. "Look at the sunset."

You turned your attention to the glowing sky, lit up with hues of oranges, reds, and yellows as the sun made its descent below the horizon. Tentatively, you looked down at the tops of all the nearby houses. Finally, you gazed straight down watching people move throughout the fair and looking at all the colorful booths and attractions. It was quite a beautiful sight.

"Wow... that's amazing," you breathed as you surveyed the world beneath you from your spot at the top of the Ferris wheel.

Daichi smiled as he watched you look at everything in awe. You turned around and hugged him, planting a kiss on his cheek as you thanked him. If it wasn't for him, you never would've had the courage to face your fear and see things from a different perspective.