Part 76

Taehyung looked out the window to his right, watching the naked branches move in the wind. Apparently they were calling for a big snow storm to hit next week. Suga was asleep in his hospital bed next to Taehyung, so the room was quiet. The silence broke when Taehyung heard the doorknob to the room turn.

Taehyung looked to the left and saw Jhope entering the room. Taehyungs heart sped up and he had to resist the urge to break out into a huge grin. It was after 2pm, so Taehyung knew Jhopes classes were done for the day.

"Hey." Taehyung said, smiling up at Jhope. "Whats in the bag?" Taehyung asked, noticing the bag Jhope carried with him. Jhope grinned at Taehyungs question, and shoved his hand in the bag, pulling out a couple of things.

First he pulled out a stuffed bear and put it in Taehyungs hands. "So you wont get lonely." Jhope said. The next thing he pulled out was Taehyungs phone. "Jungkook gave me this." Jhope said, handing the phone over to Taehyung.

"Text me if you get bored, ill come chill." The next thing Taehyung pulled out was food. Taehyungs face lit up at the sight of something other than hospital sludge. "Shhh, keep this hidden from the nurses, the hospitals food is disgusting." Jhope said, handing the food over to a very excited Taehyung.

    As  Taehyung began to open one of the snacks Jhope had brought him, Jhope began to speak. "You really scared me, if you ever feel sick like that again tell one of us, you're lucky Jungkook was fast enough to catch you, you couldve hit your head on the payment." Jhope said, lacking his usual giddy demeanor.

     "Im sorry for worrying you all, but Suga and i didnt expect it, we didnt know expired food could affect us that much, we didnt even know the food was expired." Taehyung said, munching on the snacks.

      Jhope sat down beside Taehyungs bed before he spoke again. "I was just..you just passed out and then Suga didnt feel well and i didnt know what would happen to you guys and i just-" Jhope rambled, going on a bit of a tangent. Taehyung placed his hand on tops of Jhopes, who had began clutching the sheets on Taehyungs bed.

     "Hey, were okay. I mean look at us now, im alive and well and Sugas asleep, per usual." Taehyung said, trying to calm Jhope. "Just- dont scare me like that again." Jhope said, looking down at his feet, still clutching Taehyungs bedsheets.

        Taehyung reached his hand out and began petting Jhopes hair, they sat in comfortable silence, until Taehyung asked about the weather. "Heard were gonna get a huge snow storm next week." "Yup, i hope it happens, im already done with school." Jhope responded, not raising his head away from Taehyungs.

    After petting Jhopes head for 30 minutes and some small talk (nice, comfortable small talk) Jhope had to get going. "I scheduled my dance practice a little earlier today, oh Jimin should be stopping by and checking on you and Suga later." Jhope said, before leaving Jhope ruffled up Taehyungs hair, and gave him a big grin.

And Taehyung couldnt help his smile.