Part 43

This chapters a tiny bit longer than the other ones, enjoy!

     Taehyungs parents took the two boys to a nice restaurant out in the city. The parents scooted into one booth, while the two boys sat in the booth opposite of them.

    "To my eldest son, and his...friend." Taehyungs Father said, giving Taehyung a look. Taehyung looked downward, blushing furiously. He was happy for their support, but at the same time he couldnt help but feel awkward.

   "Hi! Ill be your waiter this evening, may i get you guys any drinks?" A young boy said, dressed in a waiters outfit with a small notepad. "My wife and i will have some water" Taehyungs Father said. "Lemonade please." Taehyung requested. "Oh! Ill have lemondate too!" Jhope cheered.

    "What was that? I couldnt quite hear you." The waiter said, leaning in. Jhope leaned across the table, so close to Taehyung his ear was almost touching Taehyungs lips. "Ill have lemonade too!" Jhope said again with his usual heart melting grin.

    The waiter jotted that down on his notepad and scurried off to go get the drinks. "So, how did you two meet?" Taehyungs Fathered asked, eyeing the boys. Before Taehyung could answer, Jhope spoke up. "Oh! Well im Taehyungs  tutor for math, turns out we have mutual friends so we ending up hanging out and now we cant get rid of eachother." Jhope said.

    "Yeah, not like i want to get rid of you anyway." Taehyung thought, eyeing Jhope with a wistful look. Taehyungs Father laughed. "Ah i see i see! Well thats mighty fine, i-" Before Taehyungs Father could finish, the waiter came over with their drinks.

     He placed each drink carefully on the table, but when he came to Taehyung he ended up spilling it all over him. "Oh! Im so sorry, let me clean that up for you." The waiter said, practically yanking Taehyung out of his seat and into the bathroom.

    The waiter grabbed some paper towels and began dabbing Taehyungs shirt. "I am so sorry." The waiter said. "Ha its ok, never liked this shirt much anyway." Taehyung joked, trying to ease the tension in the air.

    "I just- you're really cute." The waiter said, slowly looking up at Taehyung. "What." "What?!" Taehyung said in alarm. The waiter stopped dabbing Taehyungs shirt and leaned in closer.

    "God i saw you walk in and just, damn." The waiter said, leaning in for a kiss. "Uhh uhh, no im good!" Taehyung said, pushing the waiter away from him in a panic. He hurried out of the bathroom, trying to hide his shock and embarassment and walked back to his table.

   When he approached his table he looked up and saw Jhope, giving him a strange look. "What happened?" Jhope asked, eyeing him. "Uh, nothing, just the stain wont come out." Taehyung lied, he decided not to say anything, it was just too awkward.

    For the rest of the night the waiter gave him the cold shoulder, slamming his food down and glaring at Taehyung whenever he got the chance. But it wasnt just him acting weird, Jhope hadnt said one word since Taehyung had sat back down, he just played with his food and kept to himself, completely unlike Jhope.

    Taehyung was beginning to get worried, he hadnt done anything, was Jhope mad? Even Taehyungs parents noticed the tension in the air, doing their best to carry the conversation which failed, so they ate in awkward silence.

     After dinner ended, Taehyung hugged his parents goodbye, and walked off with Jhope back to the dorm buildings. After walking in silence for a couple of minutes, Taehyung tried for conversation.

   "So..how was your food?" Taehyung asked. "Fine." Jhope answered, short and not sweet. "Oh, ok." Taehyung whispered to himself, his heart concaving into itself. After a few more minutes of silence, Jhope spoke up.

   "So.... what did happen in the bathroom." Jhope asked, looking at Taehyung from the corner of his eye. "Oh.." Taehyung thought about telling Jhope the truth, there was no point in lying, so he told the truth.

    "Well he uh, he tried to kiss me." "What." Jhope said, spinning around on Taehyung. "I mean it didnt happen! I pushed him away." Taehyung said quickly, putting his hands in the air. "Oh..ok." Jhope said, seeming to have calmed down.

    Jhope turned back around and continued walking. "Doesnt really matter, he just seemed weird to me." Jhope said, before Taehyung could even ask him why he asked. The two boys walked to their dorms in silence together, one of the boys being confused, very confused.