Chapter 16

Capture the flag. I look forward to it every Friday but because I am not head of the Poseidon I could never be captain. Today I am for my birthday. I chose The Hades , Athena, Hermes, and Hephaestus cabins against Apollo so I can maybe hurt Ted, Hecate , hurt Lucy, Nyx, Ares, and the Zeus cabin and Piper because her sisters don't play.

Hermes is on offense, two of the Hephaestus are on flag duty and the rest of that cabin are on defense. The Athena cabin splits into three groups to draw them out for the Hermes, Hazel is offense and Nico is with me in creek duty and Percy is a few hundred yards down the creek.

The Ares go after Percy and the Hecate come after me and Ted goes after Nico. Nico and I stand back to back and fight them off. I use the river to push them down and Nico blinds them with darkness or shadow travels behind them.

I won. Let's just say Ted had to be rushed to get ASAP medical attention and Lucy needed ambosia because I broke her arm. ' sorry didn't do it on purpose'. Ha who am I kidding, it was awesome. I was not aloud to go to the pavilion all day because they were making me a cake and decorating. Percy got me an anchor necklace, Annabeth gave me a dagger that matched my sword, Piper and Jason got me tons of my favorite band CDs and shirts, Hazel and Frank got me a silver bow an arrow that turns into a bracelet with cool silver and sea green gems. Then Nico gave me his , a hell hound puppy  named Damion and a  silver dolphin ring with a  small light green gem on it. We ate the cake and went to the bonfire. I went back up to the pavilion to get a drink and went to go back to the bonfire. I heard a deep growl in the woods. I didn't want to alarm anyone so I uncapped my sword and went into the woods. There were a lot more hell hounds in the woods and they were not that big or hard to kill. I walked into an open area and everything in the woods went silent. That never happends. Then another deep growl came from my left. Before you could even turn, a giant hell hound bit onto my  side. I could feel my ribs crack and the teeth in my skin. I screamed as it dug its claws on my right side. I heard people running though the woods and people screaming. The hound dropped me and ran into the woods. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a the face of a concerned Nico.