Chapter 34

Your POV

Currently it is about 5:00 in the morning and I am riding on my pegasus,while my quest mate is trying not to die. It has been two days since we left camp and we are now close to the border of Massachusetts.Some cyclops decided it would be nice to to start throwing trees and huge rocks at Nico when he was asleep on Guido. Fortunately, he was able to shadow travel himself and Guido before getting hit. Unfortunately, he happened to shadow travel in a different place from Guido and is now plummeting to the ground. The cyclops still thought Nico was on the pegasus so I told him in my mind to keep it busy while I get Nico. I almost didn't. He was like twenty feet from hitting the ground but landed on the back of Caspian and soared back up. The monster was not giving up on us so soon so I know we were going to have a fight. Looking back to to Nico he nods his head once as an understanding that we are on the same page. Caspian dives towards the Earth and lands gracefully. We quickly jump off and draw our swords. The cyclopes was still occupied with the pegasus and paid no attention to us. We sneak up behind it and I drive my swords into its back. Instead of disintegrating like regular monsters, the Earth came up and covered where I had just stabbed it. When it fell back to the ground, his back was completely healed, like it was never stabbed. A chuckle rose deep in his chest and a swear I felt the ground vibrate. He turned around and I realized he was not a giant. 

"Hello little sister. Thought you could beat me like our brother."

The 'cyclopes' was not a cyclopes, he was half giant, son of Poseidon. Not just any some of Poseidon, his mom is Gaia and Percy fought him before the battle of the labyrinth. I can't remember how Percy beat him. He always tells me stories about his quest and monsters he has killed and it is hard to keep track. I need time.

"Antaeus!" I say with thick sarcasm "Reform already I see. What are you doing out of the dark?"

He laughs and the ground shutters beneath me. " I sensed another spawn of Poseidon and I thought it was the idiot Percy. Decided to come out of that old maze and get revenge but I think you'll do, his fatal flaw is loyalty right? I don't think it will be pleasing to find out his enemy killed his little sister and he could not have done anything about it." 

I glance behind him and see Nico sneaking threw the trees, trying to catch the giant off guard.

"Ha.That's real funny." I say coated with even more sarcasm. 

"Oh it is." he agreeds. "What is going to be funnier is all the monsters running through your precious little camp, killing off all your friends and family and it will all be your fault because you got killed and the fleece was never returned. The borders got weaker and weaker and all the demigods sent to pick up this quest where you got left off will be killed as well. Then the borders will fail and we will raid your camp and pick off all your friends one by one."

Little does he know that when he was performing his speech, Nico hooked a chain to him and to Guido.

"What makes you think that?"

"Oh, I know that."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Think again." I say sweetly. "Now!." 

Guido takes off into the air and Nico and I hop on Caspian and take off after him. The giant takes off into the air with us, chanting greek curse words.

"Still think you are going to kill me?"

"Oh, I am not the only rival of Percy's looking for revenge."

Who else is looking for my brother?

"Who?"

"You shall see." he tries to detach the chain from himself but I stab him the stomach and he disintegrates with a final howl.

Pain shoots into my head and I scream in agony. I hear ringing and I hear the muffled scream of Nico. I can't make out what he said. My vision starts to blur and I can't see anything but a blur of mixed colors. I hear Nico scream again but it sounds distant. Then my vision clears and I see a sign. It is one of those welcoming signs. It reads 'Welcome to Bar Harbor!' Wait, Bar Harbor is in Maine. Then the picture starts to change. I am now in a forest overlooking an ocean. In the distance I see a huge stone castle. I see the fleece hanging from a monster's belt with bead necklaces. Camp Half-Blood bead necklaces. Then my vision goes black.

Where in Bar Harbor is the fleece and what is the other monster looking for revenge on my brother? Why did he have to kill so many and make so many enemies?!