Chapter 9

Suzy's Diary

Suzy's Diary

After hearing the story from Nickhun, I was lost for words. I have no idea it happened just two years ago. I went inside my room and lay there until I heard a knock on the door. I got up and saw my mom getting inside. She was holding a beautiful, blue dress.

"What's up with the dress?" I raised my left brow.

"We're going to eat dinner outside with your father." My mom laid the dress beside me. "Get dress. The dinner's set at 7 o'clock."

Mom left. I stared at the dress laid out beside me and touched it. It's been so long since I wore a dress like this. Mom and Dad have been wonderful parents to me. They always see to it that I get the best of all. They've been very supportive to the every decision I make. They really love me and so do I. I couldn't haveasked for any parents in the world. I got up and started preparing for the dinner date. I showered and put on the dress. I also fixed my hair into a pony tail and applied a little make-up into my face. When I applied some foundation on my forehead, I felt the little scar hiding behind my bangs. It was small and yet I wince every time I touch it. I already forgot how I got the scar.

We rode the limousine going to the restaurant. When we arrived, a waiter was already ushering us towards a table where a couple of men were already sitting. One of the men was already in his early 40's while the other one, even though I couldn't see his face I could tell that he was in his teens. Dad passed through the crowd on his way to the table and we followed. He waved at the older one and the man waved back at him.

"Jung Myung, my friend! It's so good to see you!" I heard the older man greet Dad. He stood and offered his hand.

"Gin Deuk." Dad shook the man's hand. I turned to the young man beside him but he turned away immediately shoving a pair of ear phones into his ears. "You've already met my wife, MiSeon." Mom smiled and the man called Gin Deuk smiled back. "And this is my daughter, Suzy. Suzy-ah, this is your uncle Gin Deuk, he's an old friend of mine."

"Do you still remember him Suzy?" Mom spoke. "He always carries you on his back when you were little."

I nodded back, unsure of what I was doing but he just smiled at me knowingly. Even though Dad called him an old friend, I still couldn't remember him.

"Ah yes, Suzy." Uncle Gin Deuk turned towards me. "Do you still remember my son? You always played together back then." He turned to the young man beside him and shook him.

The young man ignored it and shoved his father's hand away but his father glared at him. He yanked his earphones away from his ears and turned to greet us. I was surprised to see Cha Jiyong, my classmate slash the most hateful person in our school slash the school bully slash my least favorite person in the world sitting in front of me.

"You!" I blurted out of nowhere.

I saw the very same surprised look in his face when he realized what was happening at that moment. It took him a moment to notice that I was talking to him.