Chapter 40

Minho's Diary

After I brought Dara in the Hospital, I ran with my brother, Jae Hyun-hyung. He's a doctor in the said hospital, one of the best actually. When he saw me entering in the emergency room, he immediately ran to meet me. I told him of what happened and immediately took over the procedure. After the initial examination, Jae Hyun-hyung brought Dara back in the emergency room to let her rest until her relatives arrived. Jae Hyun-hyung was so pissed at me. I haven't seen him like this since the day I broke my arm, climbing a tree.

When I went home, I ordered my men to get ready. I wanted to hunt down those bastards who tried to hurt Dara. It was a good thing Dad was not there at the moment. He was currently at Macau for some business. We spent the first night searching the hideout of the Yoo Gang but they were nowhere to be found. After attacking Dara, those assholes warned their boss and went into hiding.

The next day, I decided to skip school and continue searching for the Yoo Gang. One of my men got a word that the people we were looking for were hiding in an abandoned mall just in the outskirts of KyungSangNam-Do. I was inside the Dojo, calming myself with some yoga exercises when a voice suddenly rung throughout the room.

"What do you think you're doing?" I was surprised to see Jae Hyun-hyung hovering near the Dojo's door. Carlos was with him but left immediately after escorting my brother.

"Hyung!" I got up. "What are you doing here?"

Jae Hyun-hyung got his own place near where he works but came here often when he got some time off from his work. Although he belongs to a family of mafia, he never got himself mixed up in the family business.

Jae Hyun-hyung entered the dojo and gave me an angry look but it softened upon seeing me closely. "Minho-ah please, you have to stop this nonsense. Just stop the search and return to your studies."

I frowned. "You can't stop me hyung. I finally found those bastards' hiding place."

"Minho-ah, as much as I wanted you to avenge Dara, I still don't want you to get hurt. Dara doesn't want you to get hurt."

I flinched upon hearing Dara's name.

"Please, let's all calm down first and think this through." Jae Hyun-hyung begged. "Just call off the operation for now. Let the police handle this."

I hesitated at first but resigned at the end. I called Carlos over. "Carlos, tell the guys to stand down. We'll let the police handle this for now. Tell them the lead we got." Then I turned to Jae Hyun-hyung. "Are you happy now?"

Jae Hyun-hyung smiled. "Come on, let's talk."

We were now at the back porch, sitting and drinking our newly brewed tea, feet dangling over. Our house was made to look like a Japanese manor. There was this part in the manor where the pond was facing the back porch of our house. When hyung and I were just kids, we would always play around here.