Chapter 51

Minho's Diary

"Are you alright young master?" Carlos asked while driving.

Carlos and I were on our way back to our house from a party. It was still kind of early to go home but I was thinking that there were still some things I needed to take care of first. And besides, I didn't actually come to the party to enjoy but to organize a plan on helping Nick's Dad.

"Young master?"

I flinched. Carlos is Mexican. Dad found him alone in the streets wandering around when he was a teenager so Dad decided to take him in. Ever since, Carlos became my personal assistant. Dad also assigned him to protect me. Well, he's more like a baby sitter to me than a guard. He's a good man and reliable one.

"Is there something that's bothering you?" Carlos asked again.

I kept closing my eyes. "I'm just tired that's all."

I was expecting Carlos to force me to talk but nothing came out from him for a couple of minutes now so I took a quick look at him. He was feeling his scar on his right eye.

"Is it hurting again?" I asked, worried.

Remember Yoo Seung Hyun from the House of Yoo, the one that ordered to attack Dara? He was part of our House once but Dad kicked him out after beating one of his underlings. That poor man Seung Hyun beaten was Carlos. Yoo Seung Hyun was jealous of Carlos so he tried to teach him a lesson. Fortunately, some of the guys stopped him. Carlos ended up in the hospital with a scarred face.

"This? It's nothing." Carlos took his hand away from his eye and reached for the wheel. "I'm just happy to be alive." Carlos paused. "And I believe you already found yours?"

I scowled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Carlos laughed. "Nothing. I just noticed that you've been a little busy these past few weeks. I actually thought you're starting to enjoy yourself now."

I laughed too. "Well, for the record? I am enjoying myself now."

"That's good." Carlos smiled. "And I guess I have to thank young master's friends for this miraculous result."

I fell into silence. Maybe Carlos was right. I'm not actually a friendly type so I guess that made the other guys (Dara, Nickhun, Jinyoung, and Suzy) who actually made the effort to reach out to me, a guy who according to most people is a loner, snob and a cold-hearted ignorant.

"Ah! I really like that Sandara Park girl." Carlos said. I was surprised. "She's so bright and nice." Carlos took a quick look at my direction. "And most importantly, she's making you smile more often."