Chapter 33

"Danielle? Danielle!"

I jumped once I heard Ravena voice calling for my name.

"I'm sorry, I just..." I quickly come up to a fake yawn. "Very tired."

To be honest, I've been crying almost the whole day yesterday. I decided to go on a stroll with Grace just to clear my head and Matthias, but I never thought in my strolls to find him stuck in a beast trap. I didn't want to see him and I was debating to leave him there but Grace was sticking her nose and had me reveal myself. I was suppose to avoid him but I wasn't Danielle but Eli. When I helped him up and he ask about Eli covering his face I had to make up a lie which the part about my stepmother, sometimes chaining me up after I ran off once to get bread. That was one time and she punished me by chaining me up. I lied half the part and felt bad for telling that to Matt. Then he decided to cheer me up by taking me back to his palace and have sparing practice with him and his brothers and I tell you; six wins to none had them spooked and surprised. I learn quickly with sword play at times when Mei-Li taught me and I got use to my crystals as weapons so I should thank her for that.

Later, when I return from the palace after clearing my head. I confessed everything to Papa about that night and my mysterious behavior. He seemed to be enraged about Matt marrying a princess and he's played with my feelings. I've stopped him from asking Grace to barge the castle. As I told him what I told Lucas I won't see Matt anymore I cried more for a bit before meeting up with Ravena. I shifted to my Mother's form and arrived at the shopping district with the witch waiting for me.

"For a very young business woman you sure are busy." She smirked, as she fiddle with a small pendant necklace with a large purple circular shape around her neck.

I lied about my life as the youngest business woman. The most idiotic woman I've ever known and she believed me. Wait till I reveal who I am.

"Yeah," I replied. After a small celebration with Papa and the others for my birthday that I have never mentioned to anyone I took Ravena's offer and went on a stroll with her at the shopping district. "That's a beautiful necklace you have there."

"Oh this thing," she flashed it as if it's so precious. I know she loves that necklace. She wears it most of the time when she's feeling beautiful about herself. "This was made from Shakran Kingdom, my first husband bought it for me on his travels."

"Quite important."

"Indeed it is. I feel very obsessed with it now I have power in my hands," her smile had become not wicked but demonic.

"What kind of necklace gives you powers? Such ridiculous fact." I told her.

She tugged me closer for so nobody could listen. "Since I can trust you and your an understanding person who happens to look exactly like an old friend of mine but more like me. I'm going to in on you for a secret."

I arched a brow. "And that would be?"

"Do you believe in fairies?"

"Fairies?" What is this wicked woman talking about? "Like small people with wings and have magic?"

"Exactly," she grinned. "I was so desperate to find a new lover that I needed to snag a rich man in my life to do so. Then I looked into Danielle, not you, diary how she when as a child met a fairy in the forest. Can you believe it? There's such thing as a forest fairy. Then she goes on and on how they became friends blah blah into the boring stuff." Stay calm, Ella pretend you are interested. How dare she reads Mother's diary! "Then she talked about a healing potion for her sick grandfather. How caring of her. Not me."

"So what made you believe her now?" Asked curiously. I never read Mother's diary only the stories she wrote about fairies and unicorns. It's because of her believing in such unrealistic thing got me to believe them too. But I was once a child. Now they are just...

"I didn't at first, but I followed the trails where it actually lead me to a large willow tree said to be more than a thousands years old."

"What did you do there?" I pressed, learning it more from a woman who doesn't like to read books.

She looked around, many people passing by just minding their own business. She took my wrist and dragged me to a spot where no one can hear her.

"Ow, Ravena," I hissed, staying in character. "Why so secretive?"

"Because what I'm about to tell you is unbelievable to my eyes." She flattered. "What I saw was an actual fairy!"

I pulled my brows together. "They aren't real, Ravena."

"But certainly this one was." I wanted believe, but I'm doubting since I'm with magic summoning crystals from my skin. "She wasn't small as we speak. She's beautiful. I was completely jealous but I couldn't tend to because she is after all a fairy."

"What did she look like?"

"As I said beautiful, a goddess. Long white silvery hair, eyes the color of the moon, pointy ears, a long gown that covers her arms and down her feet. And the gown was absolutely divine. With the money I will soon own after marrying the man I can have a dress made exactly like hers."

Before I could ask who's the man she wants to ruin next, I went on to a different one. "So, what did you ask of this fairy?"

She pulled her necklace upward. "This necklace holds a key to my long life of great fortune. My desires."

"What did she do with that?"

"When I say I wanted something to make the foolish man fall in love with me and I did." She grinned.

I stared blankly at her.

"I asked the fairy for a love spell in my necklace for only one man I wanted to marry."

"What did you use as payment? Gold?"

"No, she just wanted me to collect bloody spotted mushrooms that took more half a day to collect." She scowled. "And they weren't for the love spell."

Now I ask. "Who's the man your going to marry?" And why?

"Want to take a guess?" Her eyes sparkle at her pendent and gave it a kiss as if it were a baby.

"A noble?"

She shook her head.

"A count?"

Another shaking  head.

"A Duke?"

"You are getting warmer."

"A prince?" I can't believe I said it, but I'm for doubt sure it isn't a prince she's marrying to. She far much too old for Matt and his brothers. She could be their grandma for crying out loud.

The mentioning of Matt in my mind had my heart bring the sadness.

"Even better," that's when I realized her choice of words. My eyes grew and my heart just drop with a hint of fright once she pulled up her demonic smiles again.

Oh no!