Chapter 30

The next morning, I stayed in my room. Sitting on the bed with my knees under my chin. Thinking about last night ball. After that long talk to Ravena it seemed she's gaining my trust that she invited me an outing tomorrow. Of course I should refuse since it's the day I turn eighteen but outing with my stepmother wouldn't so bad as long I keep the charades on the chess board.

She then introduce me to what she calls her "beautiful" daughters. They were charming and often declare to snag one of the princes. And I got to say they would always fight who's better or prettier. I feel bad for them, really.

Ravena asked if I have any children. I told her having kids is going to suck out all the hard work I've earn. She actually believe it and laughed to how she regretted marrying. I do want children but wasn't ready until I marry someone I love.

Stop thinking about Matt, it's never going to happen.

As soon I made my way to find Matt and saying goodbye till tomorrow. I saw Matt. Happily approaching him, I spotted his Father and another man with a young girl around my age. A beautiful girl with no mask on, brown long hair and dress in deep green. She and Matt stop in front of each other and smiling.

There were sparkle in his eyes just a look on the girl. She too finding Matt very handsome. Her eyes tells me she caught her match for a suitable husband. Walking around to avoid eye contact with Matt. I drew in closer to them. I didn't want to eavesdrop. I'm just too anxious to know who this girl is.

"I hope you are enjoying the ball, Princess Georgette," Matt said politely.

"It's quite lovely," she said with a tender voice. "Thank you for inviting me." Then she bowed.

"I apologize for not asking you a dance, Princess."

"Well we can have one right now," she smiled. Matt gestured his hand as she took it and walk off to the dance floor.

"Your son will make a fine King back in Argonia." Said the elder man, who stood next to King William. "King Alfred would be proud to have a son-in-law with not only his good looks but also skill in combat and can hold a sword."

King William agreed at the praises of his son. "My eldest knows what to do in his life with no complains. I guarantee Grand Duke Oswald, as you said my son would make a fine King."

"Yes, yes indeed." Said the Grand Duke. They both stared at Matt and the princess watching them dance. "It also appeared that Princess Georgette had become smitten to the young prince the first time they encountered."

"Same goes for him."

Once I heard everything, I kicked my feet and ran out. I heard Mei-Li calling for me but I didn't stop. I kept running as if I'm being chased. As I'm being once again chased by Ravena.

Out in the cold and shivering night. My chest felt tighten as if I couldn't catch any air out here. It wasn't because I ran a much in heel shoes but my chest felt as if something been rip open.

I knew this would happen. Why did I run? It's impossible for Matt to marry a scullery maid, who no long human. No. He has to marry a Princess in order to be King. After marrying Princess Georgette, he would have to stay at another kingdom to rule that country and I will never see him again.

The moments in the garden broken into millions of pieces inside my heart. How can I be so foolish to fall for a kind of man like him? I knew all along it would never work.

Out of all the man in the country why did I have to run into him. It would have been better if he were just a noble man or merchant like my Father but he had to be a Prince. A Prince who I have to say goodbye to.

It would be the last time I'm ever going to see him. Twice our meetings, is only small to get to know him but inside I discovered a lot from him. Like I knew him already. Now, I'm doubting myself if our meeting was just nothing but a man and woman sees each other for the first time.

My chest ache and my heart is decreasing it's speed. It hurts so much. A drop of tear fell from my eyes. I wiped it away, as I did that another one appeared and another until my face is moist from my tears. I cried in sorrow. Ducking my head on my knee and covering my face. I cried from the pain of my broken heart. My mind had reminded me that we knew the outcome between the differences with Matt and I but my heart reminded me how much deeper I'm falling for him.

I love him.