Chapter 44

Matthias

Tomorrow would be the day Father will wed Ravena. I stayed until the garden in the beautiful night sky just gazing up at the moon.

It's been days since I haven't seen Danielle, then yesterday I finally saw her. My heart was fill with joy that I was ready to sweep her off the ground and elope with her so I wouldn't have to worry about my marriage with the princess.

I didn't know she knew Ravena. Never asked since I was so eager to explain my engagement. I could see in her enchanting crystal eyes that haunt me in my sleep was full of sadness and broken as if it had shattered into a million of pieces. She was hurt.

Tried my best to get close to her but she pushed me away. I told her I loved her but she broken me down saying she doesn't love me back. If she didn't why would she gave me the look of pain before leaving me helpless.

I groaned, looking up at the moon wished it would ease this aching pain in my heart. With one red wine container I drank down all my sorrows. I never drink, only one cup is enough but I needed this.

"Mother if your up there, please give me guidance on what to do?" I said in a whisper as if she's up there listening to my problems.

Nothing.

"Your majesty," I heard a male voice approaching the garden. James appeared and bowed. "You've been here."

"I want alone time, James." I told him. "Let me guess, my brothers were worried that I killed myself because of a broken heart so they asked you to save me?" I chuckled, then down another drink but was take away from my hand.

"Your highness, drinking won't solve anything."

I scoffed, already feeling drunk. "I'm not drinking for my problems. I'm drinking at the problems."

"I don't follow you, your highness."

My head felt a bit light headed and dizzy. "I confessed my love to the woman who makes my heart whole, yet she pulled it back out saying she doesn't love me back. Now I'm nothing like a drunken corpse who in two months will marry a woman who I don't love." I weakly glance at the captain of the royal guards. "If you marry someone you don't have feelings for, what should you do?"

"If it was arranged, sire?"

I nodded.

"Well, your majesty to be honest I would be in your position."

I clicked my tongue and smiled, feeling the urge to export myself. "Exactly."

I gaged, then was patted by his hands. "Prince Matthias, it's best to stay sober. Resting would be best. Tomorrow is the wedding of your Father and new mother. We wouldn't want anything to ruin it."

I gagged again. My head spinning like I've looked around to fast my eyes rolled. "I guess your right. Help me up."

James took my arm putting over his shoulder and his arm around my waist as he helped me to my chambers as I whisk away in dreamland dreaming of Danielle with the smell of red wine. That's when I shot up from bed, head to the nearest bucket and empty my stomach.