An Accident?

I awoke to a light pitter-patter sound from above. I looked out and saw in the early morning light it was drizzling. I made a slight groan, rubbing my eyes. Last night was recalled, and I looked over and saw the boys still sleeping, snoring softly. Their hands still gripped my arms gently. Fili looked stern almost, his face drawn in a hard line, his moustache moving with his exhale.

Kili looked quite peaceful. His eyes were closed softly, his mouth slightly agape as slow, deep breaths escaped his mouth. His heartbeat was still steady, and I was sad when I moved my legs from Fili's, detaching my arms. "Kili." I whispered, shaking him gently.

"It's going to take more than that to wake him up." Fili groaned groggily, fixing his blue green eyes on me. He was a light sleeper. I looked at Fili, and a smirk formed on my face. Fili's eyes lit up in mischief.

"Kili. Kili wake up." I said in a worried tone. He started to stir, but it wasn't enough. "Kili. Wake up. Fili's gone missing. No one knows where he is. Kili." I said sounding almost panic stricken. Fili held in his laughter, snorting behind his hand. That sobered the young man quickly, because his eyes snapped open and he knocked his head against the rock face. He groaned, rubbing his head

"Fili? Missing?" He said, looking around until his eyes landed on his brother, laughing. He glowered at me. His eyes were a deep brown, and they darkened. "You said Fili was missing."

"And the same dwarf said it would take more than a shake to wake you up. I had to." I said, laughing harder. He shook his head, and stretched, yawning long. By watching him I repeated the action and then Fili. A chuckle resonated through his chest.

"How did you sleep?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing. I gave a closed eye smile.

"Really well actually." I sighed. Fili smiled.

"Good. Let's get packing. Everyone else is rising." I picked up my bedroll, and rolled it up, keeping it covered until I wrapped it up in a oilskin cloth, keeping the rain out. I had miscalculated. It wasn't a drizzle so much as a slightly heavy rain. I grabbed a small ration of bread and dried jerky for each of us. When I came back, they were conversing slightly, and then they stopped once they saw me.

"What were you talking about?"

"This dreaded rain." Fili grumbled.

"Traveling won't be fun today." Kili agreed. I nodded as well, handing them the bread. They give me a nod, and we start to help the others. I pulled the hood of my cloak up. It hit against my hood. I grabbed my brush and retreated under the rock face where I was just sleeping, pulling down my hood. I took out my braids, and ruffled my hair. I brushed it out, and started on my hair. It was such a habit now I barely had to focus. I hummed a melody that came to my head as I tied off the hairstyle.

I put the brush back, pulling my cloak up, and saw the dwarves finishing last minute preparations. Dwalin came up for a moment. "You alright lass? You looked shaken up last night."

"It was just the tale. It's sad to hear about how many dwarves were slain." I said, not sure what to tell him. He nodded.

"Saddle up. It's time to go." Thorin announced. I walked off and mounted my pony, and walked toward the brothers.

"I'm going to talk to Gandalf about my vision. I'll be back." They nodded, placing themselves behind Dori in the line for today. I trotted up to Gandalf. "Mister Gandalf?" I said in a question. He looked down at who had called him.

"Ah. Miss Iridian. What brings you here?" Gandalf said, his head tilting to the side.

"You see, Gandalf, last night while Balin was speaking of the battle of Moria, I saw something."

"What is it you saw?" He said, now very interested.

"I- I saw the battle itself. I saw Thorin and Balin and Dwalin fighting against Orcs. I saw the aftermath; Balin and Dwalin weeping, Thorin standing with the oaken shield. I saw Thror get beheaded, I saw Thorin fight Azog. Except, when I saw the Pale Orc, I didn't see what the Orc really looked like. I only saw he was huge, and white. But no face, no nothing else defining. I saw Thorin cut his arm off. It felt real. It was to realistic to be my imagination." Gandalf looked troubled, his brows knit together

"My dear. I do believe you really saw the battle of Moria. You relived it. The question is how."

"Well, you are aware of my lineage right?" I said. He nodded slowly.

"Yes. It could be some form of elven magic that is unknown to me. I am not sure. But I am sure that this is from your blood of an elf. I believe that your powers are that of foresight and something else. You can see events that happened, and potentially of what will happen."

"Does, does this mean I could see my parents death?" I said slowly. Gandalf almost stopped his horse. He turned sharply.

"Iridian. This might have been an accident. Whatever you do, do not go looking for the answers to something you will not want to know. Just because you might be able to see past events other than the Battle of Moria, doesn't mean you should use it for that. Is that understood?" He said. I nodded meekly.

"I apologize for that. It's just that there are somethings that are better left unanswered." I bobbed my head, understanding his point of view.

"Thank you." I said.

"Any time, my dear. I do say that you might be more valuable than Thorin initially realized." Gandalf said. I frowned, falling back into line with Fili and Kili. They both took in my expression, and stayed quiet for a moment, allowing me to think. If he thought it was an accident, then why would he say that? I pondered my options when the voice of Dori interrupted my thoughts. I started, looking at the dwarf ahead.

"Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?"

"It is raining, Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard." The tall man answered.

"Are there any?" Bilbo said, being very vague.

"What?" Gandalf said, asking for clarification.

"Other wizards." Bilbo elaborated.

"There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the White. There there are the Blue Wizards; you know, I've quite forgotten their names."

"And who is the fifth?" Bilbo prompted.

"Well, that would be Radagast, the Brown." Gandalf said. 'The Brown' did not seem like a good title to me.

"Is he a great Wizard or is he... more like you?" Kili exhaled a breath letting out a noise.

"Ouch." He said. Gandalf looked back, slightly offended at the Hobbit's words.

"I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the East, and a good thing too, for always Evil will look to find a foothold in this world." My mind started to spin. The world went in and out of focus. I swayed in the saddle

Blackness started to form at the corner of my eyes. "Kili. Fili." I said groggily. They looked over, alarm in their wide eyes. I started to fall from Nyx, my eyes sliding shut. Nyx started to panic upon seeing her rider fall

"Iridian! Fili, take hold of the horse. I'll watch her." A pair of arms wrapped around my body, hoisting me onto his own little horse. His arms held my body, so I wouldn't fall off. "Thorin!" I heard Kili call from what sounded like a long way away.

"What happened?" A gruff voice demanded.

"We don't know. One moment she was fine the next, she fell." Fili explained. I opened my eyes slightly to see Dwalin, Thorin, Fili, Kili and Gandalf. Rain pounded onto my shirt, getting me soaked.

"We need to keep riding. Kili, you watch her and keep her with you. Fili, watch her horse. Gandalf..." I never heard the rest for my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I blacked out. The last thing I remembered, was a pair of deep dark eyes staring down at me.