Chapter 8

Demi's POV

"I am so sorry. I was so mean to you and you had all this going on," I sobbed.

"It's okay, you didn't know. I was mean by not talking to you, I am so sorry Demi," Karoline cried.

"It's okay Karoline, it really is. Come on, let me take you home," I offered.

"Okay, I will make sure Elizabeth turns around," she said.

"Alright let's go," I smiled.

"Max, take us home," she said.

"Okay, Demi, let's go," he said. We drove to my house and Karoline looked exhausted.

"Come on, we are here," I shook her. She growled and I picked her up to take her in. She had gotten so light. I hate that she didn't talk to me and I thought I could never forgive her, but I was going to try. I laid her down and went upstairs to grab some clothes.

Karoline POV

I couldn't believe that Demi forgave me just like that. I was really tired; getting the shit beat out of you makes a difference. I fell asleep in the car and then Demi carried me into her house. I guess I was on her couch when I fell back asleep.

Demi POV

I came back downstairs and Karoline was on the couch sleeping. I wanted to change her, so she would be comfortable. I put her in a pair of leggings and I saw the scars all over her legs. It made me cringe that Karoline was still doing that. I took off her shirt and saw all the bruises on her stomach.

I laid her back down on her couch and went into the kitchen to try and cook. I was going simple mac and cheese. I made it and then woke up Karoline.

"What time is it," she asked.

"Around 4:30. I made lunch," I said.

"I am really not that hungry. I don't have an appetite right now," she lied.

"Okay, then I am," I laughed.

"Okay, whatever. Then I want you to see my home," I smiled.

"Okay, will do. I have to talk to my parents tonight and they get home around 5:30. You can stay at my house until like 5:15. Where is Madison," she asked me.

"She is with her friend Bea. They are going swimming and then she is staying with her overnight," I explained.

"Hurry and eat," she yelled.

I finally finished eating and we walked over to her house after she changed. She showed me the staff and then she gave me a house tour. I loved her house. Then she showed me her closet. I didn't know anything about her style, but now I did. I saw her Demi wall and then her collection of my work. I laughed at that.

I sat on her bed and then soon enough it was 5:15. I left her to her parents, apparently they were treating her better. I went back and ate a snack and went to bed.

Karoline POV

I walked downstairs and went into the study. I sat down and waited, I must have fallen asleep because I heard the door open. I smelled that god awful smell, and I knew this wouldn't go well.

"Hey bitch, what's up? Are you being lazy, why are you in here," Dad yelled and then slapped me. I saw he had a bottle in his hand. I tried to run out and he grabbed me by the hair.

"You're not going anywhere," he yelled. I screamed. My mom walked in and kicked me and then told me to go to my room. It wasn't that bad. I was used to it but, I was already sore, so other than that it was not too bad. My head was bleeding; I guess he pulled too hard. I climbed out of my window and I was going to go to Demi's. I jumped and something happened to my ankle. I guess it rolled the wrong way. I walked all the way down to Demi's and I saw a car's light heading my way from my house.