Ch. 57

Karoline POV

I am at the doctors. Demi Lovato is apparently my mom. I don’t know how this happened, when this happened, or what is going to happen. They won’t tell my anything and it is starting to upset me. They took various blood samples and a cat scan of my brain. Demi is talking to the doctors now. It is crazy to think she is my mom.

Demi POV

“Are you serious, nothing,” I yelled.

“She has a huge bruise on the inside of her head and it caused short term memory loss, she will remember everything else from now on and might get her memory back, or she might not,” he said.

“Well what can I do to induce the memory coming back,” I asked.

“You can’t she can get really over whelmed and might get scared. Then she could lose even more memory,” I said.

“So I can’t tell her about her life for the past 2 ½ years? I can’t tell her about her friends, her family, nothing,” I asked. I was starting to get teary eyed. She was my first baby. She couldn’t lose all her memories. She had to remember me; she didn’t have to remember anything else. Just her family, I thanked the doctor and went into my daughter’s room.

“Hey baby girl,” I said.

“Hi,” she said awkwardly.

“You don’t have to be awkward, we can go home when you are ready,” I told her.

“Really,” she asked.

“Yeah, just hold on let me get your discharge papers,” I said.

“Okay,” she smiled, but that wasn’t the smile I knew, that was the smile I knew when I first met her. I went out and got the papers and signed her out.

“Ms. Lovato, if she feels any dizziness bring her back,” he said.

“I will, what if she gets her memory back,” I asked.

“Then she does,” he said.

“I don’t need to bring her in when she does,” I asked.

“No, everything is okay if she gets her memory back,” he smiled.

“Okay, thank you doctor,” I said. I went back into Karoline’s room and got her stuff together.

“Where are we going,” Karoline asked.

“Home, baby girl,” I smiled.

“Will anyone be there,” she asked kind of scared.

“Mar,” I said.

“Who,” she asked me.