Ch.22

Karoline POV

I knew that it was going to be a long day. I didn’t feel like getting “prettied” up. I just threw on some blue sweats, and a tee-shirt. I threw my hair in a bun and put some ear-phones in. I went downstairs and started to fix myelf breakfast. That didn’t mean that I cooked eggs, I got some microwave pancakes and some cereal. I sat at the table and ate it all. I went into the living room to watch some television. I turned on Disney Channel and laid down. I stalked people on twitter for a while, then instagram. That could take more than 2 hours of your day. I was a professional internet stalker. I liked following people, but I needed to see if they were creeps.

I just sat there and stared at the table, so I could think. I started thinking hard and then I heard someone and looked up. It was Marissa. I was still mad at her about last night. If I wanted to stop, I could have stoped. It’s just I didn’t need help.

“I talked to Demi,” she said. I looked at her.

“I am sorry about last night, I was just upset and I didn’t want you to tell Demi,” I said.

“It’s okay,” she smiled. She came over to me and engulfed me in a big hug, just like Demi would have.

“As soon as Demi gets home, you and her are going to talk. She has about a week and a half left of her tour. I am going to stay here with you and Maddie until she does,” she said. I smiled and went up to my room. I called Demi and she picked up immeadialty. I expected to be yelled at.

“Hey baby girl,” she said.

“Hey momma,” I said.

“I heard what happened. Why didn’t you talk to me,” she asked.

“You were going on tour and I didn’t want to bother you,” I told her.

“Baby, you are always my first priority, I had to go on this tour because people had already bought the tickets, if we were just planning it, I would have canceled,” she said.

“I know, it’s okay,” I reassured her.

“Okay, anything you wanna talk about, I have a couple minutes,” she said.

“Are you sending my back to rehab,” I asked.

“I don’t know yet. I mean of course I am thinking about it. I am looking into it. This time it will be a shorter time. It isn’t for an eating disorder, so it could be up to 3 ½ weeks or more. It depends on your progress. I found this really great place in the outskirts of California, it is a private housing place where you can go and recover in your own time. You don’t have a set plan. Then the other one is a regular treatment plan, it is a place where you have a set amount of time and you know the rest,” she said.

“If I do go to rehab again I want to go to that place in the outskirts,” I told her.

“Okay, you’re not going until I get back, but please don’t cut baby, you are worth it,” she said.

“Can I ask you a favor,” I asked.

“Yeah baby, anything,” she said.

“Can you sing me to sleep,” I asked.

“Yes baby,” she said. She sang my favorites. I fell asleep quickly. I knew that I had just gotten up, but I wanted her to sign me to sleep. I got up 2 hours later and Maddie and I went for a walk.

“Does you mom know,” I asked.

“Yeah, I think she does. She is ignoring my calls and texts. I think Demi told her and she is just a wreck,” she explained.

“Oh, I am sorry,” she said.

“What did Demi say,” Maddie asked.

“She said that I am going into treatment most likely and she gave me two options,” I explained.