Ch.34

'Demi POV

I finally got to go home. I was really happy, I hated hospitals. Karoline was being really mean. She came in and out, but barley talked. There was defiantly something up. Sky was a very good baby. I put her into her car seat and made sure it was right. I knew there was going to be a lot of paparazzi around, so I made sure to cover up her face. I didn’t want any pictures of her out there yet. They rolled me out of the hospital and there were so many. People needed to get a life. I smiled and we were quickly in the car. [Max and Demi] I couldn’t wait to be home, to be in my own bed, and most of all try and fix things with Karoline.

We finally get home and I took Sky in and gave Max the rest of the day off. I was not going anywhere anyways, I was still really sore from the C-section. I was glad that Maddie and Karoline did the nursery even though she wouldn’t be in it until a few weeks later. I came into the front door and already could smell home. I was finally into my bed and I called for Karoline, I thought I might have to get up, but we would see soon enough. She walked in, thank god.

“Come here,” I said. I patted the seat next to me. She came and sat next to me.

“Yeah,” she asked. Sky was lying in her bassinet next to my bed.

“We haven’t talked in a while,” I told her.

“I know,” she said.

“Well, when I can move again you want to do something,” I asked her.

“We are both going to be busy, so you will forget and I will be left behind,” she said not looking up.

“Is that why you haven’t been talking to me? You think I am going to leave you behind just because I had Sky,” I asked her.

“It doesn’t matter,” I said.

“It does, you were my first daughter, and I love both of you the same. I don’t ever want you to feel like you can’t talk to me,” I said. I felt really bad.

“I know, it is just jealousy getting the best of me. I am going back to school tomorrow and I am really nervous and I guess I was just getting my feelings out the wrong way,” she admitted.

“I wish I wasn’t almost paralyzed and couldn’t get up. I would get Mar over here or something and we could do something,” she said.

“How about we watch a movie,” she suggested.

“Okay, what should watch,” I asked.

“How about The Bling Ring,” she asked.

“Okay, but don’t get any ideas,” I laughed. She giggled.

“Can I hold my little sister now,” She asked.

“Sure, but be careful,” I said. I passed over my precious Sky. She was the cutest thing ever.

“I will,” she said. We turned on the movie and Sky woke up three times wanting a bottle. I took Sky from Karoline because she fell asleep.  I fed her again, she was really little, but ate so much. It was going to be my first night alone with her and I had to walk. I cringed, maybe I was over reacting. I turned over and snuggled into Karoline and quickly fell asleep.

12:00

I looked at the clock and it was around 12, Sky was fussing, so I walked downstairs and fixed a bottle. I walked back upstairs and Karoline was changing Sky’s diaper.

“You didn’t have to do it. I need to I am her mom,” I said.

“I know, but you just had her and I know you’re in pain. If all I can do is change her diaper, then that is what I will do. It doesn’t matter whether we are fighting or if we aren’t talking. I am going to be here,” I said.

“Okay, that was so mature, act like a teenager. I am the one supposed to be acting like an adult,” I giggled.

“Come on, you know me better than that,” I laughed.

“Okay, I know you don’t want to go to school tomorrow, I am going to tell them you are starting in two weeks. I want to go shopping for your first day and then we can get you ready together,” I said.

“Really,” she asked.

“Yeah,” I said. I sat up my pillows and slowly sat down.

“Can I feed her,”  she asked.

“Sure,” I said. I handed her the bottle and she started feeding her. I repositioned my pillows once again and watched them together. They were so cute. I was trying my best not to fall asleep.

Karoline POV

I had just finished feeding Sky her bottle. Demi was sleeping so soundly. I decided I could take care of her tonight. It was one night and I knew that she was in pain. I got Sky and put her into her crib for the time being. I moved the bassinet to my room and then went and got Sky. She was already asleep. I put her into the bassinet and then went downstairs. I got some skittles from Demi’s stash and went back upstairs. I turned on my TV and finished eating. I lay down and as soon as I got comfortable Sky started fussing.

“What’s wrong,” I asked picking her up. I went into her room, so I could change her diaper. I got out a diaper and changed her. I went downstairs and heated up a bottle. I waited and it finally got done. I started feeding her on my way up the stairs. I finally got to my bed and finished feeding her.

IN THE MORNING

I got like three hours of sleep last night. I was glad I helped Demi though. I felt like I could sleep forever. I walked into Demi’s room

“Mom, get up,” I said.

“Mmm,” she moaned.

“No seriously its 9 in the morning,” I said. She popped up like a spring.

“Where is Sky,” she started to panick.

“You were tired last night, so I took care of her.  She was well taken care of though,” I said.

“You didn’t have to,” she told me.

“Well guess what, I did. Now, you got a full night’s sleep, so  get up please. I got like four,” I said.

“Is Sky awake,” she asked.

“No,” I said.

“Snuggle,” she asked.

“Please,” she whined.

“Okay, but trust me she will be up in a minute,” she said.

Demi POV

She fell asleep quite quickly. I heard Sky start to fuss so I went and got her. I didn’t hurt nearly as bad as I did the day before. I brought her downstairs. I fed her and then put her in a wrap. That meant I could walk around and her be next to me. I walked upstairs and Karoline was spread out across my bed. I wanted to do something, but I was not quite ready. That weekend I knew that I should have been able to walk, so I could take Karoline shopping.