Ch.69

Karoline POV

This weekend was the first weekend with Demi coming home from her tour. Marissa and I were cleaning downstairs while Sky was napping. Demi would be home at for 2 days and then she is going back. She should be here at about 12 tomorrow. We are done with the kitchen already. We did the dishes; mopped, organized, and later we are going grocery shopping so we looked like we had ourselves together. We did the dining room and living room as well. It didn’t take much for the dining room because we usually eat the bar connected to the kitchen. We just vacuumed and sat the table wear on it, so it looked good. We vacuumed and then put Sky’s toys back into the playroom and then brought the cups that were in here to the kitchen and washed those. We really wanted it clean.

We got most of the house clean, all we have to do is laundry and we are folding it all tonight. I was getting Sky ready because Marissa had to get ready. I was already done, I did that this morning. I put on a shirt that said ‘heart and soul’, black stripped leggings, and her white converse. She was sort of matching me, we both had braided hair, a ‘heart and soul’ shirt, and white converse, but my leggings were black.

“Mar, we are coming in,” I said and walked in, she was on her phone.

“Have you seen twitter,” she asked.

“No, haven’t been on all day, why,” I asked.

“Never mind, you mom says call her when we get back,” Marissa stated.

“Okay, I will, is everything okay,” I asked.

“Yeah, it is,” Marissa smiled. We got Sky’s stroller into the car; I buckled her in and got in the front seat.

“Okay, when Demi gets here make sure that you don’t tell her that I let you skip,” Marissa laughed.

“I won’t, it’s already afterschool, so it doesn’t really matter, we can’t go back,” I said.

“No, but Demi can beat me up,” Marissa laughed so hard.

“Alright, well I won’t tell,” I said. 

We got to the grocery store and it was an organic grocery store too. We are going to get regular snacks later. We got stuff for dinner, different drinks, and some snacks for Sky only. We went to a different store and got soft drinks, junk food, and candy. Our trunk and backseat were full of food. We got home and I was to take care of Sky while Marissa unloaded and unpacked the tons of food we bought.

“Sky come here,” I said and she sat in my lap.

“You know you don’t talk much,” I laughed. Sky was three, but she didn’t talk that much.

“I talk, I talk momma sometimes. I don’t like talk,” she said. It was the most adorable thing ever.

“Do you talk to Penelope and Mason,” I asked.

“Yes, but Peneope no talk,” she replied.

“She is only 2,” I laughed. She looked at me all confused like.

“I miss mommy,” she said.

“I know, I do to, but guess what, she is coming home for a while tomorrow,” I smiled. She just laid back on my chest and snuggled into me. This is something I wanted, she was my little sister and I needed to be here for her.

“You wanna go on a walk with Aunt Mar in a bit,” I asked. She nodded and smiled.

We went on a walk with Muffy and then came back, we had dinner and that was the rest of the night, it was boring.

~~~The Morning.

“Babygirlll,” I heard someone call. I opened my eyes and Demi was sitting on my bed with her pink hair up in a bun. I smiled and got up quickly and engulfed her in a big hug. I missed her smell and her touch and everything about her hugs.