Ch.23

Karoline POV

When I got to the center it was a quiet, cute little place, I thought, maybe, I would enjoy my time there. I doubted it though. I hated that I'd have to be there and I didn’t even get to say goodbye to Demi. She would be there when I got back though, I reassured myself. I got out and she said she would show me around. I went into the building and there were people sitting at a desk. They smiled and I returned it. I didn’t want to do anything today. She took me to my room. I had a roommate. I had to share with someone. Her name was Kathleene, but people called her Leena. That was a really pretty name. I put my stuff down and Rayne took me out of there.

“Okay, so let’s go into the dining room,” Rayne said. She showed me a nice room and it had 4 tables going across it. There were 3 chairs at each table and 2 on each end. She led me down the hallways to four offices.

“Okay, so the second one is your therapy office. If you need anything this is where you go. The fifth door is your group therapy. That is where you are going to be with the girls who have the same addiction as you,” she said. She brought me to a room where we could hang out, an inside and outside swimming pool.

“This is the only part you are not allowed to explore. This is the boy’s wing. You can interact, but are not allowed into each other’s wings,” she said. I just nodded. I wanted to sleep, but one of the rules are you must eat every meal. I got my schedule from Rayne and then I looked it over.

7:00 - wake up and get ready

8:00- breakfast

8:30- school

12:00-private therapy on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If not you can stay in your room, or go outside.

12:30-Lunch

1:30-Group session on Monday, and Friday. The rest of the time you will be made to go outside.

2:30- Freetime until dinner.

5:00- dinner

6:00- homework times.

7:30- get ready for bed.

8:30- write in journal

9:00- freetime

10-lights out aka bedtime

This schedule was boring. I had some time before dinner, so I decided to explore. I went into the garden and it was cute. I sat down and they said this was a place to relax, so I took off my shoes and dipped my feet in the pond. I got out my iPod, and put on some music. I laid down on the soft grass and closed my eyes. I felt someone and thought this was all a dream.

“Demi,” I mumbled.

“No, I am Blake,” he said.

“Oh, I am Karoline,” I said.

“That is a pretty name,” he said.

“Thank you,” I blushed.

“Can I sit next to you,” he asked. He seemed really sweet.

“Sure,” I smiled. I sat up and took my earbuds out of my ears.

“I have never seen you around, are you new,” he asked.

“Yeah, got here actually a few hours ago,” I said.

“Oh , why are you here if  you don’t mind me asking,” he asked.

“I am a recovering from anorexia and self-harm. My self-harming was getting really bad, so I was put in here, and you?” I asked.

“I am anorexic and I self-harm as well. My mom found out about me burning and cutting,” he looked sad.

“I am sorry, my mom already knew,” I said.

“She was just on a three week business thing and she didn’t want to put me in here until she got back and then I had a mental breakdown,” I said.

“Oh, three weeks, that is a long time,” he said.

“Yeah, it is,” I said.

“I would miss my mom,” He said.

“Oh I miss her so much, instead of seeing her in around a week in a half, I am going to see her in a month,” I said.

“That must be rough, where are you from,” he asked.

“L.A.,” I said.

“Cool, I am from San Francisco,” he said.

“Never been,” I said.

“It’s gorgeous,” he said.

“I bet,” he said. I heard a bell.

“What does that mean,” I asked.

“For some of us, the worst time of the day, meal time,” he said.

“Oh,” I looked down.

“Its okay, come on,” he said grabbing my hand. I thought I liked him. I thought I did, gosh and I had to find out this way, in here. My goal was not to like someone. I had to get better and couldn’t worry about love.