Chapter 9

I curled up into a ball on the side of the curb. I was ready to take the beating when they got here. I put my head in my lap and cried until I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I looked up ready to see my parents, when I saw Maddie.

"Hey, what's wrong," she asked.

"I need to talk to Demi, now," I said.

"I should've known, you were only nice to me for my sister right," she asked.

"No-," I got cut off.

"No nothing, you used me," she screamed.

"You-," I started.

"Don't even say anything. I actually thought you were my friend. I saw my dad's unmistakable car heading towards us. I grabbed Maddie's arm and pulled her to the car.

"We have to leave now," I said. I pulled her into the car and told whoever was in the car driving to go anywhere but here.

"You want to explain what that was about," Maddie spat.

"I knew Demi before I knew you, she helped me through some stuff and she knew stuff that nobody else knew. I thought I was a burden on her, so I didn't talk to her anymore. I had been here for like 3 weeks when I saw you. I thought I was the reason you fell and hurt your ankle, so I helped you, I didn't notice who you were you until after I started helping you. The reason we had to get out of there was because m-my dad a-a-buses me. He was going to beat me if we didn't get out of there. He already had today and I can't take it anymore. I needed Demi and that is why, and that is just a tenth of it," I finished. I didn't notice I started crying until someone handed me a tissue.

"I'm sorry for freaking out, I have had people pretend to be my friends to get to Demi, and I thought you were one of them. I had no idea I am so sorry," she said.

"It's okay, like you said you had no idea," I said.

"Okay," Maddie smiled.

"Can we go back to your sister's place? I need to talk to her," I asked.

"Yeah sure," Maddie said. We were back at their place in like five minutes. We rang Demi first, so she knew we were coming before we got there. We had her standing to open the gate, in fear of my dad.

"Hey Maddie, Karoline," she smiled.

"Hey, we already told you what happened with my dad. I am hiking it out. I will get my belongings tomorrow and I am probably going back to live with Audrey, she said I could any time. I will pay rent there and I will get a job. It will be hard, but I will get through it. Do you mind me staying here tonight," I asked.

"No, I don't mind," she smiled. I had around 30k saved in my savings account. In the bag I brought I had my blade, toothbrush, toothpaste, my phone, wallet, and some extra clothes and shoes, and my laptop.

**

I woke up the next morning around ten. I walked down to my house and then to see no cars in sight I walked in. I knew the number to our gate, so it was easy. I had to do this in like thirty minutes. I ran upstairs and got my suitcases. I had a lot and I only needed a little bit of them. I packed all my shirts, hang up shirts, jeans, shorts, all my comfortable pants and shorts.I called Demi to bring a car because I don't have enough arms to get all this. I packed all the rest of my clothes and jewelry. I then had shoes, Demi and Maddie came along with Max. They were all carrying my bags down. I got my shoes and purses to fit into 9 moving boxes. They had to be shipped to Audrey's house. I finished it and then went to my piggy bank. Yeah I had one; I busted it and then got out all the money. I hadn't touched the money that I put in there and I had been saving for like 10 years. I busted it and a bunch of dollar bills fell out. I went downstairs with a pre written note and sat it down on the counter.

"Dear Mom and Dad,

I will always love you. I just have to move on, and don't worry about me; I am staying with a friend. Thank you for raising me and lead a happy healthy lifestyle without me. I love you forever and always. I will always be your little girl, but I had to move on.

I love you,

Karoline, your daughter"

I put a picture of all of us on the beach with it. That was the last happy moment before they started everything. I looked so happy, but so naïve to think that, that was how we live life. I walked out with nothing and I was happy. I got into the car and realized how much my life was going to change. I had money saved up. I had to count my money. I ended up with about 600 dollars. I guess I could buy a plane ticket with that. I was sure I could, anyways on the way back I told Audrey what was going on and she told me that was fine and whatever happens it will be fine. Her mom knew what was happing and always offered me a place to stay. We made her promise not to tell anyone before we told her.

I finished talking to her and got off the phone. I looked in the back of the car to make sure we left nothing behind because I didn't want to buy new clothes. We went around all day to do things and by the time we got home it was around nine. When we got home I went to the couch. I was tired and wanted to crash. My ankle was still hurting, and I had to buy my plane ticket before I went to bed. I bought one for four o'clock and arranged to get my stuff on a plane before me. They would have to be at the postal service before two in the afternoon. That would be easy enough. I just had to wake up and get ready. That is the hard part. I went into the bathroom, so I could flush the blades. They would beep at the security. I also washed my face and put on my pajamas. I sat on the couch and got out my phone. I started texting Audrey.

"Hey girly, can I talk to you," I heard Madison ask.

"Yeah, sure, what about," I asked.

"Let's ask Demi is you can stay with us," she proposed. My mouth dropped at that. How could I?