Ch.40

Karoline POV

“Finally,” I said.

“What the hell finally,” Demi yelled.

“I have been wearing short sleeves all night and you haven’t noticed yet, so finally,” I said. It was the truth and I was not going to lie to her.

“Why didn’t you just tell me,” Demi's voice softened, her face had to as well.

“I trust you and you know that, but I wasn’t just going to tell you, I am not that crazy,” I said.

“When,” I guess that is all she could manage to tell me.

“That night,” I croaked.

“Baby girl, I am so sorry, I didn’t know my tour hurt you that much. I know that you hate it when I go on tour, but I have to, I mean I don’t want to leave you or Sky, but it will only be two months and then I will be back,” she sniffled. I knew she was crying, but I didn’t want to cry, so I didn’t look up.

“Then you will be back shooting for Glee, in the studio every day, interviews, and everything else,” I ranted.

“I give you everything you need and want, why are you being this way to me. You are being ungrateful,” Demi snapped. We were almost home and when we finally got there I ran upstairs and just broke down. She had never been that way to me.

DEMI POV 2 WEEKS LATER

I had 2 hours left in LA and Karoline and I hadn’t talked since we got in that fight. She came out of her room to eat sometimes, but other than that she really didn’t come out.  I tried to talk to her, but she pretended to be asleep or just completely ignored me to my face. It made me sad and made me want to cry, I mean I understood that I hurt her feelings. I had finally met my match; she was just as stubborn as I was. My family was to be there in 30 minutes and then I got to leave thirty minutes later. I didn’t want to  leave, but I had to.

My family got there and they were crowding around Sky, they hadn’t seen her in almost 9 months.

“Where is Karoline,” Maddie asked.

“She is in her room, good luck talking to her. She hasn’t talked to me in 2 weeks,” I said.  I heard a door open upstairs. She peeked her head around the stairs and saw my family; she saw my family and then went  into the kitchen. She grabbed a snack or something and went back upstairs.

“You let her treat you like that, and let me guess she still has her phone, laptop, and television privileges,” my mom asked.

“I just don’t want her to be too mad at me,” I said.

“Demi, she isn’t talking to you, how much more mad could she get,” mom asked.

“You have no idea,” I said looking at Maddie.

“She’s right, this is nothing,” Maddie said.

“Okay, so I obviously don’t have that big of a house anymore. So, I only have one guest bedroom. The guest bedroom can be mom and dads, Maddie you’re bunking with Karoline, and Dallas can have my bedroom,” I said.

“Your house is just big enough,” Dallas said.

“Thank you guys so much for doing this, I just have a few rules. One, don’t make Karoline mad, she just will freak out and it’s not easy to calm her down. Two, she has schoolwork here, I took her out of school about a week ago, so she will willingly do it. Three, Sky is fussy if I don’t sing to her at night, so I have a few recorded lullabies, just play them. Four, have as much fun as you can and don’t worry about Karoline she will come around,” I smiled.

“When are you leaving for the airport,” Maddie asked.

“Max should be here any minute,” I said.

“Okay, is your luggage down here,” mom asked.

“No, I am about to say goodbye to Karoline and Sky and bring it down here on my way back down.

“Okay,” mom said. I walked to Karoline’s room.

“I’m coming in,” I said.

“I know you aren’t going to talk to me, but can I have a hug to last me two months, a laugh, a picture, something,” I asked.

She just laid there.

“Please,” I begged.

“Okay, I will see you in two months then,” I said and walked out.

“Hey baby,” I said walking into Sky’s room.

“Mmm,” she tried to say mom or momma or mommy.

“Momma is going to be away for a while, I will call you and see you every day,” I promised.

“You wanna go see Grandma and Grandpa, Aunty Dally and Mads,” I asked. She just looked at me like I was crazy.

“I will take that as a yes,” I laughed. I went into my room and grabbed my luggage and then too them one by one downstairs. I had a total of three bags and finally got them by the front door.

“Let’s go, say hi,” I said. I took her in the house and gave her to my mom. I heard a knock at the door and it was Max.

“Bye baby,” I said, I kissed her forehead and then went back upstairs. I went into Karoline’s room and she was still lying there.

“By baby girl,” I said. She didn’t say anything and after a minute or two I just left. I started crying and wiped away my tears before I could get outside.

“Bye everyone, I will call every day, remember what I told you about K and Sky,” I said.

I hugged them all goodbye and stopped at Maddie.

“You try and get through to Karoline, you are the only one who can,” I said. I hugged her once more and then kissed Sky on the forehead again and then walked out of the front door. Goodbyes were the hardest, I hated them. I got into the back of the SUV and started crying when I got into the back.

“You okay Demi,” I heard Max say.

“Yeah, just going to miss them,” I said.

“I know, but you will be back,” he informed me.

“I know,” I wiped my tears away and got ready to brace myself for the airport.