Chapter 17

Demi POV

I woke up the next morning and Maddie and Karoline were still in bed. I knew they would be, I heard them talking with each other until almost two in the morning. It didn't keep me up or anything, it was just surprising. I didn't know they were that good of friends. I fixed breakfast and then went to wake them up. It was eleven and was time to get up. Karoline wasn't going back to school until Monday, and it was excused. I hoped she would do well in school once she got back, I didn't want her to relapse. That would have been horrible, I hoped having Maddie there for her to talk to would help.

I went upstairs and jumped on the bed until they woke up.

"Really," Karoline asked.

"Yeah," I nodded my head.

"I'm tired," Maddie moaned.

"You would be, y'all talked until like two in the morning," I said.

"Not our fault," she said. I just laughed.

"Come on breakfast is ready," I said. They got up and went downstairs.

"I thought you made breakfast," Maddie said.

"I did, these are the oranges I had to peel and cereal, that I had to put out," I told them, they just busted out laughing.

"Okay, you guys get ready and then we are going to Disneyland," I said. They jumped up and I looked in their bowls.

"Nope, you two eat," I said.

"Mom, I am full seriously," Karoline said.

"No, you need to eat. It will start your metabolism," I said.

"Well, I am full," she begged me.

"Okay, you don't have to eat all this, but you have to eat your entire lunch okay," I said.

"Promise," she said she ran upstairs and went to her room. I thought that Maddie and K were sharing a room while she was there. They came down forty-five minutes later. Karoline was wearing some pink and beige heels, a white shirt with 'never ending fun' with black font and some sunset leggings. She had a little yellow backpack as well.

"Really, heels," I asked.

"Yes, they are comfortable," she said. Maddie came down with a white shirt, mellow yellow shorts, blue polka dot vans, and a blue bag. It was cute, I wanted to wear it.

We got there and we got an all-around pass. It was pretty good weather and great for everything we wanted to do today.

We were at the park for the next four hours. It was around four o'clock when we got done. We were going to eat lunch at 'In and Out' and then go to the park. It would have been around five when we got back and then we would swim. It would be a fun rest of the day. We got to 'In and Out' and I remembered the promise that Karoline made to me. She had to eat all of what she got. Thankfully she did, and then we went to the park.

I got to the park, and there were kids everywhere. Karoline and Maddie went for a walk and I went the opposite way. I didn't want to interrupt their girl time. There was a dog in the park and it didn't have a leash. It was a white little dog and it looked malnourished. I wanted the dog. I wanted it so bad. I picked it up and there were no tags or anything, so I decided I would keep it. I wanted to have Maddie and Karoline to help me with the name of it.

I texted Karoline and told her to meet me at the car. I walked there and put the dog into the backseat.

"Mom, what's wrong," she said out of breath.

"Nothing, look in the backseat," I said.

"Awww," I got out of Karoline.

"Where did you get it," Maddie asked.

"In the park, there it was no tags, nothing. I want to take it to the vet," I said.

"Let's go," Maddie said. We got there and there were only two people in front of us. We got back and they examined to puppy.

"Okay, so this is a puppy. It is merely 3 months old, and is a Maltese; it is very malnourished and will need immediate care. It needs many shots and special medical care for now. Other than that, you should be good to take her home. It will be a good house pet. It needs a lot of attention and should not be left alone for two long," the vet said.

We went and took our new puppy to the groomers. We went to the pet store and bought, a puppy bed, puppy treats, food and water dishes, dog a matching leash and collar. We got assorted toys, that we needed a bin for. We had twenty minutes until we had to get the puppy. We really need a name.