Ch.41

Karoline POV

Demi had just left for tour. She made me so mad two weeks before. I couln’t even talk to her. Everyone was there, so I went down to grab a snack and then went back upstairs. I loved Demi, but she pissed me off.  She came up here to try and say goodbye, but I didn’t want to. I felt really bad and once I heard the [front] door shut, I started crying. I knew she was going to be gone for 2 months. I went downstairs again because I had no reason to stay up there anymore. 

I got downstairs and everyone was just watching television, how boring. I went outside and put my feet in the pool and got my phone out.

COME OUT HERRRRE, I AM BOORRREEDDD- to Maddie

R u going to talk to me –from Maddie

Yeah, I am just really mad at Demi –to Maddie

K be out there n a min –from Maddie. I was out there for 2 minutes and she came out with some food.

“I am hungry,” she said. I started laughing.

“So why you been not talking,” Maddie asked.

“Why don’t you get right into it? Well, I relasped and she finally noticed after I had been wearing short sleeves. We got into a fight and she called me ungrateful and then I just stopped talking to her. I didn’t want a lot, I would sell all my clothes, give up everything if it meant I can have more than 10 minutes a day with Demi,” I said.

“Oh, why would she call you ungrateful,” she asked.

“I told her the truth,” I sighed.

“Which was,” she asked.

“That she was always at the studio, never at home and when she was she was always with Sky basically,” I said.

“Oh, that must have gotten to her, I don’t know why, but it set her off,” Maddie said.

“You wanna go take a walk,” I asked.

“My mom probably won’t let us,” I groaned.

“What am I going to do for the next two months. I am not going to enjoy this. I sort of want to talk to Demi, but I am not ready yet. I am grateful for everything I have and never want anything more than Demi and if she doesn’t understand that, that is why I wanted her to adopt me, why I call her mom,” I finished ranting.

“Come one, you know you love her,” Maddie said.

“Yeah I do,” I said.

“Exactly and I know she loves you a lot,” Maddie said. I looked down at my phone and it was Izzy. I hadn’t talked to her in months.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey, I haven’t talk to you in forever, want to come and party with some friends, its going to be small and my parents are out for the weekend,” she said.

“Yeah, text me later, I’m coming,” I said.

“Going where,” Maddie butted in.

“I’m going out, keep your mouth shut,” I said.

“I am one year younger than you,” she said.

“Yeah, I know,” I laughed.

“Just I will be back by my curfew,” I said.

“You know what never mind, I will tell them and then go,” I said.

“Alright, let’s go upstairs,” Maddie got up.

“Alright,” I smiled. We went upstairs to my closet and picked out a cute outfit. I had a beige rose top on, boot cut jeans and some black high heeled shoes that were wrapped around my ankles, and some cute dangling earrings. I grabbed a new phone case and put it on my phone. I was going now.

“I am going out,” I said walking downstairs.

“No you’re not,” Dallas said.

“I am going to hang with friends, I am not grounded and I will be back by curfew, its 11, if you don’t believe me call Demi,” I said.

“Whatever, go,” Dallas said.

“Where is Dianna,” I asked.

“She is out getting food,” Dallas remarked.

“I’ll be back later,” I said.

*AT THE PARTY*

“Hey, long time no see,” I said as she opened the door.

“Hey, here’s a drink,” she said.

“What is it,” I asked.

“What do you think? It’s booze,” she said. I thought about it and then just looked at it. I took a drink and then chugged it.

“I didn’t know you partied this hard,” she laughed. I went into the living room and they were passing around a drug, I was not that stupid.  I just denied it and kept drinking. I got drunk really quickly.

“I have to go, it is going to take me forever to get home,” I slurred.

“Okay, bye,” she waved.

I started walking home, it took me thirty minutes, but I got home around 10:45.

I slowly walked upstairs and tripped over the top step and hit my face. It hurt.

“What is going on,” Dallas asked.

“Nothing, I just got home and I am on time,” I slurred.

“Your drunk aren’t you,” Dallas asked.

“No,” I said.

“I can smell the alcohol on your breath,” she said.

“Okay, I am a little tipsy. You’re going to tell Dianna aren’t you,” I asked. 

“No, I am not, you remind me a lot of Demi, but she was way older, not 15,” she said.

“Okay, I am sorry,” I said. I started crying.

“It’s okay, let’s get you in bed,” Dallas said. She reminded me a lot of Demi and she got me in bed and then left.

I woke up the next morning with a killer hangover. I got up and went downstairs.

“Demi wants to talk to you,” Dallas said.

“Did you tell her,” I asked.

“Yeah, I did, I never told my mom though,” she smirked.

“Okay, but I am not talking to Demi, just tell her I am sorry, it was a mistake and whatever else,” I said.

“I am not doing that, you need to talk to her,” Dallas said.

“If she wanted to talk to me, then she would try harder,” I said, I walked upstairs and went straight to bed. I was really tired and was going to have to catch up on school work.