Ch.33

Karoline POV

I was really scared, Demi was in the hospital and she was due in six weeks. They said she should be fine, but I was not allowed there. I was there with Maddie because she wasn’t aloud either. We were sitting by our phones waiting for a call. I looked down and Mar was calling.

“What’s up is she okay,” I asked.

“Yeah, she is fine, she is in surgery, but Sky should be here any minute,” she said.

“Promise to send me a picture,” I asked.

“I promise,” she said.

“I have to go,” she said. She hung up and I was still worried. Even though Demi and I’s relationship wasn’t the best right then I still loved her. I knew that she hadn’t finished the nursery yet, so I thought maybe Maddie and I could finish it.

“Hey you wanna finish the nursery,” I asked.

“Don’t you think she would want to do that,” she asked.

“No, she’ll have a baby; I will be in school again soon. She will be working in 6 weeks,” I said.

      “Okay, let’s go,” she said. We went upstairs and I looked around. The nursery was perfect. We just needed to get stuff out of the crib, put up the clothes, do some laundry. I put all the premie and newborn clothes in her wardrobe dresser thing. They were washed, just in her crib. We finally finished. It took us a while, but whatever. I finally got a call from Mar.

“Hey what’s up,” I asked.

“Well, she had Sky, and they are both doing really well. Demi is still asleep, but she will be up in a little bit. No one has seen Sky yet, we want Demi to be the first to see her, well other than the doctors,” she laughed.

“Yeah, I am going to finish up here,” I said.

“Alright,” Mar said. I hung up.

Demi POV

         I woke up and quickly shut my eyes. It was bright. I remembered, I went into labor earlier and ended up having to get a C-section. I slowly opened my eyes. No one was in my room; that was weird. I at least thought Karoline would be there. I tried to move and I pressed the nurse button. I waited and she finally came home.

“Hey, congratulations, do you want to see her,” the nurse asked.

“Yeah, is anyone here,” I asked.

“Yes mam, they wanted to leave you be, and no one except for the hospital staff has been able to see Sky at the request of your family,” she said.

“Cool, I want to see Sky first,” I said.

“Alright, I will bring her in,” she said. I looked to the left of me and my phone was sitting there. I picked it up and I turned it on. Before it was fully on, Sky’s little basket thing was being rolled in. The nurse put her into my arms and she was the most beautiful little baby I have ever seen. She was very white, but had Latino in her. She looked very similar to me, but had the hair and a tint like Karoline. She had tons of hair and milky brown eyes. She was chunky and big for her age according to her nurse.

I told her to bring my family. I cuddled with her and waited. First my mom emerged from the door. She had the biggest smile on her face. Then the rest of my family emerged from behind the door. It stopped at Marissa.

“Where are Maddie and Karoline,” I asked.

“They weren’t allowed in here, so they decided to stay home. We can bring them up here when we go and get a diaper bag and car seat,” Marissa said.

“Okay, who wants to hold her,” I smiled.

“I gave birth to you, so she is here because of me,” Mom smiled.

“That made no sense, but okay,” I laughed. I passed her carefully to my mom.

“Hey there Sky Marissa Emory Lovato, how are you, I know it is late, but welcome,” my mom cooed.

“Isn’t she the cutest baby ever,” I asked.

“No, she is the fourth cutest baby ever,” she said.

“My three girls come first,” she smiled.

“I will debate that,” I giggled.

“My turn,” Eddie said.

“Okay, be careful,” I said. They passed her along and then she started to get fussy.

“Okay, let’s feed you,” I said.

“Are you breastfeeding,” my mom asked.

“No, unfortunately I will be pretty busy and I don’t want her used to me and then have to take a bottle, so I am just going to start it like that,” I said.

“I don’t have any, so can you get the nurse to give me one,” I asked.

“Umm, I promised your other daughter a picture of Sky,” Marissa said.

“Okay, I will go,” Dallas said.

“Put her down and then I will send one of both of you,” Marissa said.

“Okay,” I put her down on the bed. Marissa just started taking loads of pictures. She finally stopped.

“Okay, one of both of you,” she said. She took three and then picked one of each and then apparently sent them. The nurse came in and I started to feed her for the first time.