Ch.65

Demi POV

Karoline treats me like I am dirt half the time now, and it was starting to get old. She doesn’t treat me like she loves me, more like she hates me. I get it, she is a teenager, but this is getting out of hand.

I walked into her room and knocked she yelled to come in.

“I need to talk,” I told her. She looked at me nervously.

“Karoline, you know I love you right,” I asked. She nodded.

“Do you love me,” I asked, again I just got a nod.

“Then why do you treat me the way you do,” I asked.

“Like what,” she asked.

“Like that, you pull an attitude. I get it you are gonna have episodes with bipolar and all, but you can’t treat me like crap in front of you friends. You yell at me constantly and I don’t get it. I give you everything. Clothes, shoes, love, a sister, a roof over your head, I can’t put another parent at your life in the moment, but I am working on it. You never know when I am going to be gone, do you want your last words to me to be a yelling match or something of that sort,” I asked. She nodded; I could see the tears in her eyes wanting to spill.

“What, but you have a bodyguard,” she pointed out. She was right, but not always.

“You’re right, but I can’t always have him,” I thought about telling her about Sky’s dad. I think it is time to let her know, “You asked me who Sky’s dad is, you want to know,” I asked. She nodded.

“The thing is, I don’t even know. Remember when you were first diagnosed with bipolar,” I asked, “That night, it was too much. I had a lot going through my mind. Thinking about how young I was and taking care of another person. I went to a bar. I got really drunk and wanted to take a shortcut back to the hospital. I decided to go through the alley. I didn’t have a car or Max, so I was being stupid. I started walking and there was a guy there. I don’t know who he is. I tried to get away, I tried to run, but he pulled me back with my hair. I screamed and he threatened to kill me if I didn’t listen, that is the night that Sky was conceived,” she came up to me and wiped the tears that were slowly falling down my face. I pulled her into my lap and cuddled her.

“I am so sorry, I had no idea, is that why you were having black outs,” she asked. I just nodded.

“My point was, I could have not made it and it can happen again, and I don’t want the last thing that you say to me is something bad. It won’t make anything easier,” I said.

“I will try harder, I am sorry. I don’t know why… I didn’t… I didn’t realize that I was doing it, I am so sorry,” she told me.

“I need to go and work for a while, will you be alone okay,” she asked. She nodded.

I got to the studio and walked to my dressing room. I had to do Glee today. They did my hair and makeup and then I went and at in the chair that was designated for me. It was a Dantana scene.

~~

I got back to my dressing room after the whole day and had a blow up of notifications. They were all from Marissa. I needed to call her, it really seemed important.

“Demi, finally you answered,” she said. I could tell that she had been crying.

“Mar, what’s wrong,” I asked.

“I need help, everything just went wrong,” she cried.

“What is it,” I asked.

“Can I come over,” she asked.