Ch.38

Demi POV

I called Mar and then went to her house. I was crying and had Sky in the backseat, she was crying too. That was not a good thing. She was never that fussy, but she could probably feel the stress. I finally got to Mar’s house and she opened the door really quickly. I was still crying. I was really worried about Karoline and had no idea where she went or who she was with.

“Mar, who’s at the door,” I heard someone ask.

“Your mom, you idiot,” Marissa screamed.

“She’s here and you didn’t even tell me,” I asked.

“Yeah, she just got here like 5 minutes ago, I swear,” Mar squealed.

“Okay, can you watch Sky, so I can go and talk to Karoline,” I begged.

“About that…..,” she started.

“What, about what,” I panicked.

“Nothing, let her tell you,” Mar said walking away, grabbing Sky as she went.

Karoline POV

I heard mom come in and I ran off again, not far, but into the backyard. I got out my phone and got on kik. I had met some really good people and I kiked them when I need them.

‘Hey’, I send to my friend Victoria. I call her Vic though.

‘Hey girly, whazzz up’-Victoria

‘Freaking Drammmma’- Me

‘WTH happened’-Vic

‘Mom and new sis drama, it doesn’t matter’-Me

‘You didn’t do anything….’-Vic

‘It doesn’t matter, nothing matters’-Me. I started crying.

‘Yeah it does, I am sorry IGTG my mom is being an ahole and told me to get off my phone’-Vic

‘Its okay, I’m fine, don’t get in trouble’-Me I got a towel and laid down. I didn’t feel like doing anything.

“Karoline, are you out here,” I heard someone call.

“It depends, who is it,” I asked.

“It’s your momma,” I heard Demi called.

“What, where is precious Sky,” I called.

“In the house with Mar. You’re grounded by the way,” she said.

“Well, that’s great, is that all you came to tell me,” I asked harshly.

“No, why did you run off,” she asked me.

“It doesn’t matter, I am grounded. Let’s leave at that,” I whispered.

“No we are not. Why would you do that,” she started yelling. I felt an anxiety attack approaching. I couldn’t breathe; it felt like my lungs were closing in on me. I rolled in my ball and then started crying. I was taking really shallow breaths and started to pant.

“Come on baby, match it, calm down,” she said. She knew what to do.

“I can’t sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line but I am bruise I need a voice to echo I need a light to take me home I kinda need a here. Is it you?,” she started to sing. I was really starting to calm down.

“Okay, I am sorry for yelling, but I am really upset at the moment. You can’t just run away like that. You knew before that I was going to be on tour all the time and nothing was going to stop. I have really slowed down.  I mean I have so many things to do and I have turned down so many things,” Demi said.

“That doesn’t matter. I am your daughter and how much have I talked to you in the last month? I don’t know, I mean we talked for a matter of five minutes every day.  You spend all your time at the studio and then with Sky and then we don’t spend any time together. I bet you don’t know one thing I have done in the past two days,” I finished ranting.

“I know, I am really sorry, you know I am really busy and don’t have a lot of time,” she said.

“That is all I needed to know, I don’t care how long you ground me for, whatever. I don’t care, let’s just go home,” I said.

We quickly got home and hadn’t talked since. I went to my room and laid down.

“Give me your phone and laptop,” Demi said walking in.

“Knock much,” I asked. I threw my phone at her and turned over.

“I pay for this and this is how you treat it,” she asked.

“Just get out,” I said. I was really upset and needed a release. I didn’t know exactly what, but I felt I needed to punch something. I heard the door close and then got up. I got up and started punching my bed; I didn’t want to put holes into my wall. I started screaming and yelling and just panicking, I had a panic attack. I heard Demi run in.

“Come on baby, match your breathing,” she said. I slowly started breathing right. It was my second anxiety attack today.

“Come on, in and out,” she said. I still couldn’t calm down, my thoughts were racing. I couldn’t stop.

“I’m sorry, I am really sorry, I had no idea what got into me,” I started sobbing.

“It’s okay, count with me one, two, three,” Demi started counting.

“O-o-ne, t-t-two, thre-e,” I started.

“That’s it, four five six,” she said again. We got all the way to sixty and I could finally breathe.

“Are you okay,” she asked.

“I guess, I just started freaking and realizing what a cold hearted bitch I am,” I laughed dryly.

“Baby, it’s called hormones, you have a right to be angry sometimes, I am still like that sometimes,” Demi said.

“I am really sorry, you forgive me right,” I asked.

“Yeah, I forgive you, but your still grounded,” Demi started laughing.

I was about to fall asleep and I felt her get up. I didn’t care, I felt like a bus ran over me.