Chapter 11: The Zoo

I wake up. Yay! Today is the zoo day! I turn to Justin and I see he is awake. I say "Morning. Are you excited to go to the zoo?" He replies "Morning. I may not seem excited now, but I will be once we get there." I say "Want to go downstairs and have breakfast?" Justin says "Sure." He gets out of my bed then I do. He puts on a shirt and we walk out.

When we get downstairs, I see my mom, dad, and Pattie all eating and having coffee. I say "Morning. Where is Benjamin?" My mom replies "Morning honey. Benjamin is getting his muffins inside the kitchen. There is two for both of you. Remember to grab your fruit bowl as well." I say "Ok." We walk into the kitchen. I see Benjamin getting his food. I grab my two cinnamon streusel muffins and I put them on a plate. I love cinnamon streusel muffins so much. I grab my fruit bowl and a fork. I pour a cup of milk and I wait for Justin. He says "Where is a cup I could put milk in?" I say "I'll get you one." I open the cabinet and I pull out a cup for him. I hand it to him and he pours himself some milk. He grabs his plate and cup. I grab my stuff and we head into the dining room. I sit down and notice my dad is already dressed. I say "Dad, you must be really excited if you are already dressed." My dad replies "I love nature and science. I'm pretty excited." Benjamin adds "I'm probably more excited than you because animals are the best. I've been studying up on some animals at the zoo." I say "Ok Mr.Science. You can show off later not now." Everyone laughs. It's true though. My brother likes to show off his knowledge of stuff all the time. You know younger siblings tend to do that though. Ok. My mom says "When we get maps at the zoo, we can decide which animals we want to see and whatever else we might want to discuss." Pattie says "Good plan." I continue to eat my breakfast. At the end of breakfast, my mom says "Everyone meet downstairs in 15 minutes for the zoo. Have everything ready to go!" We all agree and we leave.

We get upstairs and I look in my closet. I wore my good outfit yesterday. I'll see what other shorts I have to wear. I pick some blue jean shorts that are frayed. I pick a white and gray shirt and I walk into the bathroom. I change into my outfit and I walk back in my room. I grab casual pearl earrings, a necklace, bracelets, and a watch. I also get socks and my white converse. (A pic of her outfit is provided)

Justin walks out and goes to change

Justin walks out and goes to change. I put my jewelry, socks, and shoes on. I pack my purse with my wallet, chapstick, and earbuds. I then sit down on the ground and wait. Justin then walks back in my room. I see he is wearing gray shorts, a t-shirt, and some tennis shoes. Comfy yet nice. Cool. I say "So, you decided to dress like me a little bit?" Justin says "Oh. Yeah I guess I sort of am. Now, our moms just have more reason to call us a cute photo and to take photos of us." I say "True true. Get whatever else you need and we can head downstairs." Justin says "Only if I get a kiss before we go." He grabs his phone and sunglasses and puts them in his pocket. He walks over to me and holds out his hands to help me up. I grab them and I stand up. I keep my hands in his and I lean forward to kiss him on the lips. After the kiss is finished, I say "So, ready to go?" He says "Yes my Clarissa." I smile. How cute. We walk downstairs and into the main hallway. I see Benjamin reading a book and my dad tying his shoes. The moms walk in and hand us each a water bottle. My mom says "Everyone, you have just been given your water bottle for the day. Don't lose it." We all say okay and we head out. We climb into the car and my mom starts to drive. My mom says "Ok everyone, for lunch, do sandwiches sound good? There's a good sub place nearby. We might get snow cones at the zoo also." I say "I think that sounds delicious." Benjamin says "Agreed." Everyone else agrees too.