Chapter 49

Friday December 12

I wake up to the sun shining. So pretty! Almost like last night never happened.

I get out of bed and I go to the kitchen. I see Alexis making breakfast. I lean on the counter and say "Morning Alexis." She says "Hey Clarissa. I made muffins for us and I was about to make a smoothie." I say "Thank you so much. This is so sweet." She replies "You're welcome." She presses blend on the smoothie blender and we wait. After it is finished, she pours us each cups of smoothie. She hands one to me and we go to the table. We eat breakfast and we discuss our break plans more. I ask "Want to get your nails done before you leave for your home?" She answers "Ooh yes! My nails are so chipped right now."  I nod and reply "Okay we can head out after breakfast then." She smiles and we continue breakfast.

After breakfast, I put on leggings and my hoodie shirt. It will be a cute outfit for today. I put flip flops on and I pack a purse. I walk out my room and Alexis comes out of her room. We leave the apartment and we get inside my car. I start driving and we go to the nail salon. Alexis asks "So, when do you want to exchange Christmas presents with each other?" I reply "We can do it today if you want." She nods and replies "Okay sounds good." I bought Alexis some presents in Park City and I bought her something a month or so ago. She is going to love it!

We arrive at the nail salon and we go inside. We both write our names down and we wait to be ready. It's finally our turns and we pick our nail polish color out. I pick red and Alexis picks out this galaxy black. So cool! Yes!

After we get our nails done, we get in the car. I ask "When do you have to be at home? Or when do you need to leave by?" She replies "I am actually flying home since it would take 14 hours to drive back to my home in Arizona. Could you drop me off later? I want to leave by 1:00 ish to get to the airport." I reply "Oh i didn't know you were flying. Well sure I can bring you to the airport. Want to get a brunch but kind of lunch right now?" She replies "Yeah why not?" I reply "Okay where should we go?" She replies "There's a cool cafe I want to try." I reply "Ooh tell me where it is and let's go." I start driving where Alexis tells me.

We arrive at a cute cafe. Ooh la la. I like it. I take a picture and I post it to Snapchat with a caption reading Brunch/Lunch. We get out the car and we head inside. We take seats and we wait for a waiter or waitress.

I say "This place is so cute. I'm glad you suggested it."  She replies "I know I like it." A waitress walks up and says "Hello and welcome. Here are your menus." She hands us menus and we look at them. The waitress asks "What do you guys want to drink?" I reply "I really am craving Sprite. Sprite please." Alexis adds "Make that two Sprites." The waitress nods and walks off.

I flip through the menu and I decide on salad. I ask "Do you want to get the appetizer of chips and guacamole?" She answers "Ooh yes." The waitress walks up and asks "What can I get for you guys today?" She also sets the drinks down. I say "We will take the appetizer of chips and guacamole. I will also take the small Caesar salad please." The waitress nods and asks "Any dressing?" I reply "Just put on whatever you normally use." The waitress nods and asks "For you madam?" Alexis says "I'll take a small garden salad please." The waitress asks "Any particular dressing with that?" Alexis replies "A little vinaigrette please." The waitress nods and says "Okay. I'll be back soon with your appetizers." She walks off and I say "Ooh I can't wait for this."

The chips and guacamole arrive. So good! So delicious! Our salads soon arrive and we are excited.

After brunch/lunch, we pay for lunch and we leave. We get in the car and we drive back to our apartment complex. We walk up the stairs and we go inside our apartment. I ask "How long until we leave?" She answers "Fifteen minutes. I'll finish packing and we can leave." I nod and I go to my room. I totally forgot that I need to pack to go home. I know I have bathroom essentials there. I left some in my bedroom. I set a timer for 10 minutes. I grab my suitcase. I pour my Park City stuff out onto the ground. I go through it and I pick out what I want to bring. When Hailey and I were in the boutique, I found quite a few presents for my family, which I hope they enjoy. I put all my presents together. I bought Justin stuff there as well and I already mailed his Christmas package. I grab jeans, leggings, pajamas, undergarments, t-shirts, socks, etc...