Chapter 38: Justin's POV

THURSDAY-Day before Clarissa arrives

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. Who is calling me in the morning? I check and it's Usher. Huh? What the heck? I press answer.

((Start of conversation))
U- Usher          J- Justin
U- Hello JB.
J- Dude why did you call me so early?
U- Sorry bro. I heard a special someone named Clarissa is coming over tomorrow to stay with you. Scooter was telling me what you're up to and I called.
J- Yeah. What do you think about Clarissa coming?
U- Just don't hurt her or Hailey. After all, you are both in relationships right now and you don't want to screw it up. We both know you and relationships don't usually end up well. Sorry if that was harsh.
J- Yeah I know and it's whatever. Do girls like breakfast in bed or is that just guys who like it?
U- First things first, What are you planning?
J- Clarissa has an early flight tomorrow, so I was going to have breakfast for her when she gets to her room. I cleaned the guest room up for her and I thought it would be a kind gesture.
U- Seems like you're just trying to get her back dude.
J- Maybe I hope that one day we end up together.
U- Well then do the breakfast, but let her know it's just breakfast. You don't want her to assume anything. After all, everyone overthinks everything.
J- True true. Thanks dude. Anything else you want to talk about?
U- Don't drink as much.
J- Okay maybe.
U- C'mon dude. It could ruin your future.
J- Ugh fine. I'll back off a little.
U- Alright. Well see talk to ya later bud.
J- Bye.
((End of conversation))

Well he sounds like my parent. Haha! He gets away with it though. Whatever, I'm up now. Might as well go for a run. I get up and I put on basketball shorts and shoes. I walk outside and I go running.

When I make it back to my house, I tell my chef I'll eat after my shower. I then go upstairs and I shower.

After my shower, I grab my phone and I head downstairs. My food is on the table. I eat breakfast and I scroll through social media. Nothing big is happening. Good good. I bring my plate and cup to the kitchen. I then head upstairs and I grab my keys. I also get all my papers and things for meetings.

I head outside and I get in my car. I start the car and I drive to building for meetings. I park in front and I get out. I grab my papers and I walk inside. I go upstairs to the room where I always have my meetings and I grab a water bottle before I go in. I sit down and I start reading papers. I'm actually early today, well that never happens. Haha!

Scooter walks in as I'm taking a big swig of water and pats me on the back. I almost cough up the water. Scooter says "Justin, you're here early." I reply "Yeah Usher woke me up by calling me and I figured why not just come early." He nods and replies "So, I know you are excited for tomorrow, but..." Huh? What's happening? I quickly say "What's happening? Was her flight cancelled? Is not possible to have a meeting tomorrow? What do I have to do now? Am I leaving?" He replies "None of those things actually. But, fair warning, she now has a little paparazzi following her. It turns out her videos with and without you, her photography, and her in general are becoming more popular. I recently checked and there are people following her. Be careful at your place because people are watching. Before she arrives, close the windows anyone can see through. Make sure you have an updated security system as well." I nod and ask "Wait? People are following her around?" He nods and pulls out his phone. He shows me this account that has pictures of Clarissa with her friend shopping, her going to school, her sitting on a bench with her boyfriend, and more. Wow her boyfriend seems nice from the pictures. No doubt he is mad I'm alive though haha. I ask "Can I call Clarissa to see if she is alright?" He answers "Text her now about it. Call her at lunch. I'll let you go somewhere private." I nod and answer "Sure that sounds fine for now." People start pouring in the room and they are surprised to see me.