Chapter 69: LA Trip Day 7

Wednesday June 7

I wake up to my alarm and I turn it off. Gosh today is annoying already. I'm so tired and I wish I didn't have work. I notice my friends start to move. Alexis asks "What are we doing today?" Cassie asks "Can we go do some yoga? I saw this place and I wanted to go." I nod and reply "Sure. Okay so yoga after the meeting then we can all go out tonight." Alexis replies "Ooh yes." I grab leggings and my cropped tank top. I put it on and I notice it covers my stomach. Thank goodness. I ask "Should we wear jackets over it so we look more meeting business appropriate?" Cassie answers "No because you are covering your stomach? It's all good." I nod and decide to leave it. I grab my phone and purse. My friends come and we leave. We drive over to IHOP and we get breakfast.

After breakfast, we drive to the meeting. We pull in and park. Cassie tells us that she reserved spots for us to go to yoga today after the meeting. I nod and we all high five. Yay to plans being made.

We walk inside and to our table. Scooter walks by and says "Cutting it close ladies." I reply "Sorry sir." Haha whoops. He replies "It's actually all good. We all have times when we are tired and you weren't even late. How was the beach?" What is the best word to describe it... hm... I respond "Eventful." Scooter replies "Oh so that's why Justin requested to use my office to talk with you." I ask "Is that where he is?" He nods and I ask "When should I go over there?" He replies "You can go now." I nod and thank him. I walk across the hall to the office room and I open it.

I see Justin sitting down on the mini couch and I sit next to him. I ask "Want to know about yesterday?" He replies "Only if you want to tell me." I reply "Of course I want to tell you. So, yesterday, Hailey invited us to go to the beach and we were all excited because we had planned to go to the beach one day this week. So after the meeting, we pick her up and we drive. She tells us she rented a boat and we get on it. We arrive at this beach and we have a perfectly enjoyable time together. Until Hailey starts getting nosy. She starts saying you & I should never be together and that we should have stayed broken up. She talks about Sofia, how I shouldn't be friends with my friend since I'm getting famous, and about how your tour is going to suck. I basically told her that nothing can change how I love my friends and how I know your tour will be amazing. Hailey was rude the rest of the day." Justin sighs and replies "I guess us being not together is ruining us. Why can't you all come stay at our place?" I answer "We paid for the hotel already." He replies "Ugh dang it. Okay, what are you doing today then?" I answer "Yoga after this then dinner then we are going out." Justin laughs and asks "Going out on a week night?" I answer "Yeah you used to do it all the time." He replies "Yeah it just doesn't seem like you. Please tonight be careful and don't drink too much. I don't want you to be hungover tomorrow mostly because I don't know what could happen to you. I don't want you hurt or tossed off the tour." I ask "Wait? I would be tossed off tour?" He answers "Well it's happened before. I mean not to anyone I've been close to, but yeah it happened once before. But, you might not be since you know so much about the tour, you are a really talented photographer, and we're dating." Yikes kicked off tour for being hungover. I nod and ask "Why don't you come tonight?" Justin answers "Clarissa no. I want you to have fun without me." I respond "Please please. You can bring a friend or two if you'd like. I don't care. That way we both look after each other. Please come tonight." He replies "Ask your friends first then let me know the address of where you're going if they say yes. I will bring a friend or two if you want me to. If you need a recommendation of where to go, you can ask me." I nod and he leans over to kiss me on the cheek. He says "I love you." I reply "I love you too." We stand up and leave the room.

In the meeting room, I start working.
Justin texts me Is Becky still dating Grant?
I text back Yeah why?
He texts back Just causally wondering.
I show Becky the text and she smiles. She quietly asks "What is that about?" I shrug.