Zorua

"Tag your it!"

You screamed at the voice as it came from out of nowhere! You lived in a forest as this kind of thing happened all the time. People say it was a ghost who tagged you then ran away, hiding and enjoying the shocked look on people's faces.

You heard a bush nearby shake as this was your chance to follow the 'ghost'. It was heading straight towards to where the waterfall was as you followed along. You stopped and panted for breath along the river stream.

"Haha!" The voice from behind suddenly appeared, almost giving you a heart attack. "You can't catch me!"

You turned around to the sound of a tiny boy the size of you, only his hair was wild everywhere and pure black, only with to a bit of red to top it off, as his clothes were like the villagers, brown with little holes in them.

"W-who are you?" You said with a tone of uneasy at the strange boy's energetic smile.

"I'm Zorua! Sorry if I scared you!"

He hugged you to him as your cheeks burned bright in embarrassment and at warmth he spread inside you.

"It's a-alright!" You said pushing him gently away. "But you must be the ghost everyone talks about."

Zorua tilted his head in confusion, making his ears twitch while thinking. "Ghost? I'm not a ghost type! I'm a dark type!"

He barred his tiny wolf like teeth at as you giggled at the silly boys actions.

"You're so funny."

Then next moment was weird. When you open your eyes, a human Pikachu stand before you. Yelping at the pokemon as you backed away from it as it laughed and turned back into Zorua. Your eyes widen at the sight and Zorua as he smiled with pride.

"Pretty cool right? I can transform into any pokemon! Along as it's one I've seen before."

"That's amazing!"

Zorua blushed, smiling while trying to hide his blush. "T-thanks... you're pretty amazing too (y/n)."

Before you could blush the bell from the town square chimed to signal the end of visiting the forest pokemon.

Your town was having problems with the pokemon living here as poachers would steal them. So in order to keep the pokemon safe, you had to keep them in the forest and send some pokemon rangers to look over them.

Your heart sank in your stomach. You didn't want to leave. Who knows how many years until the town let you see each other again until this problem ended.

Zorua gave you a small smile. "It's time for you to leave."

You nodded your head slowly and let Zorua lead you to your forest styled home. You stilled lived in the forest, just near it, not in it.

You started walking out, but Zorua's hand caught yours and, did the most surprising thing, hugging you.

Your eyes widen in disbelief as Zorua hugged you tighter. "Promise each other we will see each other again when that gate opens."

You nodded your head while tears spilled out from them. "Promise with all my heart."

Zorua gently let you go as you back away slowly. The gate closing between Zorua and you. But the friendship between you both was unbreakable.