Litten

Happy 20th anniversary pokemon! *whispers* they make a new pokemon game but not a new pokemon ranger game...

In your whole life you had Litten more as a friend than what other people did and battle their pokemon. Litten was your first pokemon and you were always excited to have him the first day you heard about it. You always loved him, but you were afraid of fire.

It was Litten's fault, but he didn't mean for it to happen... Litten came into the room while you drank your coconut juice.

"(y/n)", Litten spoke up, "I want to show you something."

You stood up, fixing your night time tank top. "Give me a hint."

"Ummm... well... it has something to do with fire."

Your shoulders tensed up a lot. "Fire...?"

Litten sighed and gently took your hands. "(y/n) please let me fix my past mistakes. I want you to see everything that fire  is isn't so bad."

Subconsciously your hand led to the burn mark right at the point of where your thumb could pop out. The painful memory washed over you as your closed your eyes remembering it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Litten was playing with fire as your eyes followed it as it danced around his fingers. The collar around his neck helped keep the fire warm and alive with each dance of his finger he made it do.

"Can I touch it?" Little you asked while Litten let the fire twist around his fingers.

Litten frowned and stared into your eyes. "I don't know... fire doesn't affect me because I'm a fire type..."

"I promise to be careful!"

The happiness in your eyes were the light in Litten's world. He didn't want to destroy the joy... but he didn't want to hurt you either. An idea popped into his head as he tried his best to lower the temperature to not make it so hot.

"Alright... this is the best I can do."

Your hand gently grazed the top of the flame, lightly warming up your finger and lightly dancing around your own fingers. "This is amazing..."

Litten smiled, at that moment his heart skipped a beat making the flame lit up just slightly, but enough to make a burn into your flesh.

You screamed in pain and quickly pulled your hand away from Litten. He was shocked and horrified at the same time as he ran to get your parents...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Litten himself remember the memory like the back of his hand. He gently grabbed where the spot was. "I know it was my fault... but please let me make it up too. It was ten years ago, I can control my powers now."

"Fine... I trust you."

He smiled and led you outside where the stars were shining very brightly tonight. You were a foot apart from each other as Litten let the fire light up inside his hand.

It was a bright blue until it turned into a calm red. With his other hand he lit up another flame with was blue and mixed the two flames together, making it a fire light show.

Your eyes slowly widen at the magic happen as Litten slowly let the fire spread out wares into the air. You gasp and tensed up when a small flame came your way, but when it touched your skin it didn't hurt. "Wha..."

Litten smiled and gently kisses your hand were the burn was. "See? I told you not every fire will hurt you."

You smiled and looked up into his eyes and hugged him. "Well I loved the show, Litten. Thank you."

He nodded and rubbed the small of your back while he watched with you as the fire danced in the air. "Anything for you, (y/n)."