Charmander X Child Reader

In the distance of the foggy and gloomy night, there burned a bright light in the distance through the window. It was a flame, but hidden under the leaves as the heavy downpour tried it's best to expel its burning passion.

It burned a beautiful golden orange, combined with a light red to dances alongside each other to dazzle and sparkle with ease.

"(y/n)," Your sister snapped at you, "get away from the window! It's cold outside and you can get a cold just from being near it!"

You rolled your eyes at her statement. "Sis that's not even true. You can only feel the cold from the window, but that doesn't mean you can get a cold just from simple touching or being near it. It's a proven fact."

Your sister grinded her teeth together in frustration, "You're just a little brat, aren't you?! I'm going to tell mum and dad!"

"Go ahead," Your remarked with a bored tone at her. "That's all you ever do is snitch at me. Some sister you are."

The next part you weren't prepared for as your sister shoved you against the window. You gasped at the coldness of its frame and kicked back at your sister, but she had a stronger grip and started punching you everywhere. The window rattled behind you as the lock caved away.

It was a one story drop as you screamed and fell out of the window. You heard your sister scream your name and try to grab your leg, but it was too late. Your head was smacked to the ground first before your arms and legs.

Everything was spinning, even the blood pouring from your head soaked into the earth as if belong there in the first place. The heavy downpour was getting to you as you were too weak to even move, much less speak words.

From the bushes a figure came from it, but you couldn't see their face, but behind them a flame was lit strangely. They picked you up and dragged you out if the downpour as fast they can, panting heavily along with coughing.

"(Y/N)!" Your sister cried out as she slammed the door open. "WHERE ARE YOU?! (Y/N)!!"

"Over here..." The voice mumbled audibly enough.

Your sister came rushing over towards you and gasped when she saw the figure caring you. Judging from his build he wasn't tall, but was strong enough to carry a child like you in his arms.

"T-Thank you..." Your sister reached for you, but the boy pulled back.

"Can I please come inside? My flame will soon die out if I don't find a dryer place save myself."

"Of course, stranger."

Your sister opened the door as a sense of warmth filled your soul. The boy set you down by the fire place as he set his tail in the fire, let the flame burn the dying flames of the fireplace.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

You nodded slowly and rested your injured head against the pillow, "Y-Yes... T-thank you for saving me..."

The boy smiled stupidly, "You guys are the one who saved me. If you hadn't let me inside your house I could have died. I'm Charmander, by the way."

You gave him a ghostly smile. "You're one of them... half human... and half pokemon... my parents study your kind."

"Is it a good kind of study?"

You shuttered at the memories of their screams, those poor innocent half breeds..."N-no... and thankfully they aren't here right now."

"Judging from the look on your face I can tell your parents aren't the best people. That's okay, I was only here to save you from the cold."

The sight of his flame growing brighter and brighter caught your eye. It was dazzling and dancing with the flames in the fireplace. Beautiful... it brought a tear too your eye. Charmander saw and jumped at the tear sliding down your face.

"H-Hey... did I say something wrong?"

You shook your head and wiped the tear away from your cheek. "N-No... it's nothing you've done. My parents never let me see the day of light outside and keep my sister and I locked inside the house. It's too protect us from half-breeds like yourself... but... I hope one day I can escape from this place."

"Why don't we escape together?" Charmander took both your hands into his, they felt warm and full of hope. "Not tonight because of the storm, but we can escape together. You don't have to be down in the dumps because of your parents holding you against you will."

In midst of this conversation you would have said yes, but you remembered your dear sister, and knew she was suffering alongside with you. Looking outside the window your parents were skilled in tracking down people... but maybe in due time... you could escape out of this place.

"I'm sorry," You said. "I can't escape right now, but maybe with some time I can escape this place together with you and my sister. My parents would find us easily, but I'm just as smart as them and can lead them off our trails. I only need time."

Charmander nodded with a smile. "You have my word. I only request if I can stay the night."

"Of course, you can," You gently threw a blanket onto him. "Sweet dreams and don't let the lab rats bite."

Charmander paled at the words, but took it too heart and slept with ease, knowing he wasn't alone in the world anymore.