Weedle

Endless amount of forest, never enough life inside. It was called the Lifeless Forest for a reason because of the lack of life inside the forest. No one know why, but it's maybe because of the Weedle living in the forest.

You lived near the forest all your life and wanted to entered into its lush and clean grass and trees. The forest had a supple amount of honey inside it's trees, so it was a haven for any pokemon, if not for the Weedle living inside the forest.

Your mother was taking a nap without watching you; giving you the chance to escape the house. You smiled and watched as the grass started to rise higher than you, even tickling the bare innocence of your skin.

The smell of poison was wafting into your nose, but you didn't want to stop here and end the adventure. A group of Beedrills came by as you hid behind a tree.

"Wow..." You whispered to yourself, staring at the wings of the pokemon.

They flapped so fast and had a stinger bigger than anything you though possible. The smell of poison came from them, so it was best due in mind never to be near them.

"What are you doing?"

You bit your lip from screaming as you turned around. Right next to you was a boy who was slightly taller than you, only he was dressed head to toe in orange rather unusually for a human kid.

You steadied your breathing before speaking rapidly, "What and who are you?"

The boy looked over at the Beedrills first before looking back at you, "I'm trying to get the honey from that tree." He pointed to the tree near the Beedrills. "It's the forests main honey supply and need to survive inside this forest. Unfortunately, those stupid Beedrills guard the tree."

You smiled at the cute pout and tone of his voice. "Don't worry, I'll help you get that honey."

He did a quick scan of you with his eyes. "And how? Last time I checked you're human while I'm only half."

"Does it matter?" You asked. "(y/n), by the way."

"Weedle," Weedle said. "And yes, my third evolution stage is guarding the tree. It's a survival of the fittest of this forest place."

Looking around you could see why Beedrills were the ones guarding the honey. The more protection, the long the honey would last for them only. It was cruel, but that's what other Pokémon did to survive, they would horde anything they wanted to themselves. Close to what a human would do.

That popped into your mind as you tugged on the grass. "Here's what we can do. You're small enough to hide in the grass, and if the Beedrills see something moving in the grass, I'll distract them so it'll give you enough time for you to get the honey."

Weedle nodded and slithered inside the tall grass. He disappeared completely, but the sound of the grass moving was noticeable. You watched as he wiggled through the high grass, moving left and right in a zig-zag motion.

He was almost close to the tree when a Beedrill noticed the grass under them moving too fast for wind to be just blowing it. You panicked and threw the nearest rock at them, hitting it straight at its head.

The Beedrill head steamed with rage as it charged at you. You yelped and started running away as the group went after you. They were faster than you, and about ready to kill you. You screamed as their stinger was close to your head, until Weedle stopped them with his stick strings.

He used all his strength and pulled the Beedrills closer together, slamming them into the nearest tree as the strings from him made the stickiness twice as stronger. You smiled as the Beedrills tried to move, but were hopelessly stuck there.

"Glad I saved you in time!" Weedle shouted.

You laughed and pointed towards his face. "You got honey all over your face."

Weedle laughed and did his best to clean off his face, but some of the honey was stuck in his hair. "Well the honey did boost up my strength."

After just mere seconds of the Beedrill's capture, other pokemon came out from their hiding spot and moved towards the honey. Weedle had a huge smile on his face and hugged you, getting some honey in your hair. "Thank you so much, (y/n). The forest doesn't live in fear anymore."

You shook your head and patted his shoulder. "Hey, anything for a worm friend."