Bisharp

After your father's recent passing you gain the ownership of his blacksmith place. As your father did he taught you how to blacksmith before the illness he had could take him away. It was too soon... but you knew you had keep the business up and running.

Blacksmithing wasn't just a skill you learned, it was also a wonderful art that had people craft swords and other weapons from iron to crystal. People from your town were descendants from the ancient kingdom that once ruled over the land and wanted their people to still remember their swordsman ship.

You sighed and wiped the sweat off your forehead as the furnace was burning brighter than ever. "Time to put this thing out."

"Wait! I need your assistance!"

You stopped and turned around to a very tall man. He has his mouth covered so his voice was muffled but still hear able.

"Can I help you?"

"You're the blacksmith of this place aren't you? Can you help my blades? Their edges are dull and need sharpening again."

You looked at the sword at his sides and questioned them. "Ummm... isn't it very dangerous to have swords around your sides? Because that could be a shish-kabob you."

The man laughed and walked inside. "That might be true but I'm the pokemon Bisharp. It's natural for me to have my swords at my sides so I can slice up my foes and prey."

You chuckled in amusement. "I hear about pokemon turning into humans, but I never thought I would see one myself. We don't have very many pokemon out or around our town because it's dangerous with the weapon."

"I see. I also understand because your town was once a kingdom, but died soon after the ancient king passed away from illness."

You just nodded and put more coal into the furnace to heat it back up. "Yup. Didn't have no children because he was so young. But anyways, can you detach your swords so I can forge them?"

Bisharp nodded and carefully took the blades off. From barely touching the edges you could feel the blades had dulled over time. With a smirk you got to work as a true blacksmith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about three hours of forging Bisharp's blades you were done as you took them out, hammered the edges, and dipped them in ice cold water.

Bisharp smiled at his blades and felt around the edges, knowing anyone but himself would have drawn blood out. "I thank you greatly for helping me at this time of night."

"No problem."

You went in the back and grabbed your own sword. "This is my baby. Got it from my father but made some remodeling to it. Almost as sharp as those blades of yours."

"That's it!" Bisharp suddenly yelled. "Why don't we have a contest? Whose blade is the toughest and sharpest of them all. You are a descendant of the knights of the kingdom, are you not? Then you should be skilled as well."

A smirk formed at the corner of your mouth as you took out your sword. "That's right. I'm not only a blacksmith, but also a knight."

Bisharp smirked and held his swords out, gleaming in the moonlight with the edges blinding you with its light. "Then it's a duel then."

"Alright, come at me." You threw away your smock that had black stains all over it, which revealed guarded armor under it. "A knight is always prepared."

Bisharp liked the challenge and charged forward, clashing swords with you as you were outnumbered, but that didn't matter as you dug your heels into the ground. Sparks started to appear as you jabbed your elbow into his stomach and slashed upwards.

He dodged it by using night slash and countering it by using Iron Defense. You growled and slashed at his blade, barley even making a spark as Bisharp managed to push you away and kick at you side.

Luckily, your armor protected your sides from getting most of the damage. With luck you dodged his swing and rolled backward, managing a backslash as Bisharp was too slow to dodge. It was his turn to growl as he spun around, making you gasp, and clash swords with him once again.

With you being on the ground and bending your legs, trying to get enough balance to push him back, but he was stronger than you as your legs began to give out.

"No! I won't lose!"

"Give up!" Bisharp said, his sword gathering up another Night Slash.

One of his blades was slowly slipping over from the pressure of the blades, so you took the chance and using all your strength to push him back. It worked as Bisharp stumbled backwards, trying to regain his footing, but you quickly got up and put the sword to his neck. He felt down after a second later, laughing a little.

"I win~" You smirked and gave him a hand.

Bisharp smiled and took the hand as you helped him up. "It's only natural that royal blood would beat me."

You gave him a confused look. "Huh? Royal blood?"

"You mean you don't know? Look at the symbol on your sword, it's the symbol of the kingdom that use to rule. My ancestors, the Bisharps, helped protect their royalty from anything that came to harm. The people think the king died from illness, but he didn't die from illness. He ran away from the life of royalty because he never liked it. He fell in love with a blacksmith and ran away with her, we faked his death so he could live out his life happily. The king was never really happy with all the war going on between the old neighboring kingdoms next to him. Once he was gone, the kingdoms suddenly stopped fighting because both those kings knew him and were depressed when they found out when he was dead. My people said the king wished he could have told his friends, but he needed to keep his fake death a secret."

"You mean... my family has had royal blood all this long?"

Bisharp gave you a pitiful look. "Don't take it too hard. The king didn't want his children or anyone else to be given the life he had a royal. He was protecting you, but now that I've found the royal family again I'd like to stay at your side."

You rose an eyebrow. "You mean you knew I was royalty all along?"

"Not until you pulled out your sword. If I'd have know I'd rush to your family's side a long time ago. Now that I've found you," he got down on one knee and knelt, "I'm at your service, princess."

You smiled and put your sword away. "It's (y/n). I would rather like that better than princess."

"Of course prin- I mean (y/n)."

With a warm heart you lead Bisharp back to your house where your knight in shining steel armor never left your side.