It just can't work...

P.O.V Lace It just can’t work… (Chapter Fifty-Three)

I left the hotel very early and went for a breakfast before going back home and being ready for university. All night until then, I’ve never stopped thinking of my night with Zayn, it was perfect and different from everything I’ve done in my life. It was very simple, nothing complicated.

*A piano started playing and a charming ladies voice came on*

-        Hello Cal. I answered neutrally.

-        Hi. I needed to tell you something.

-        I needed as well so go on.

-        It is very difficult for me, but I’ll try to do my best. He started, before clearing his throat. You’re a very nice girl; you’re beautiful, kind, smart. You have a lot for you but I don’t think that, I don’t think that it may be easier if we just stay friends. He finished, letting a breath of relief out.

I stayed speechless at his words. We were exactly feeling the exact same thing about our relationship.

-        Calum, I wanted to tell you the same. I don’t think I could handle a long distance relationship for long, or at least for now. but I really like you and I want to stay in touch with you and I think it would be the best for us to stay friends. It just can’t work anymore.

*We were telling each other how happy we were about that. How we got along so well about this breaking up*

I finally got back home and Mary was still with Harry, since she only starts school in the late afternoon, and so am I. I went to my room, put on some music and tried to forget about Zayn, but I couldn’t… I was so afraid to fall in love that I felt a little bit sick. I drank a glass of water and lied on my bed. I suddenly felt better, it’s Mary’s trick when she doesn’t feel very good.

I took my phone and noticed I had a text from an unknown number, I then thought it was Zayn. I looked at it to confirm my thoughts.

«I’ve had a great night too and I’d enjoy to have another one like this –kisses»

Really? Oh my god. I could feel my heart skip a beat inside of me.

«Please don’t make me fall for you, my heart isn’t taken anymore but I just can’t. It’s impossible I can be with you»

I pressed ‘’tweet’’ button and it was now on my profile. I needed to share it with people that I don’t know. I might be questioned, but it is simple to say that Calum and I didn’t feel the same way about each other than the beginning.