Sleepless Nights

Imagine. Sami was a week old and Darren and you couldn't think about being more tired then you were at that point. Sami woke up every three hours to eat, day or night. You were sleeping when you heard her crying over the baby monitor. You groan. "Darren" you moan. "Darren wake up" you say as you turn to him to shake him awake. He groaned and hid his face under his pillow. "It's your turn" you manage to say as you smash your head back into the pillow. "What time is it?" Darren asked in a husky voice. You open an eye to glance at the clock before closing it again. "6 am" you answer in a very sleepy voice. "6 am on a Sunday?! That baby will be the death of me!" he says as he pushes away the sheets, his eyes almost closed as he walked to Sami's room. "Hey baby, what's going on? You hungry? Daddy is too, but for sleep, not food" you heard through the baby monitor. You smirk and try to fall asleep again as Sami's cries stopped. Darren went in the kitchen to make a bottle.

You quickly fall asleep again but you're awake as soon when you heard Sami crying again. You open your eyes to see the clock. 6:20. 'What the heck?' you thought. You went to the kitchen to see that Darren was still there, standing in front of the counter with the bottle in his hand. "Honey?" you call. He didn't answer. You step closer to see he was almost sleeping. You chuckle and cuddle him from behind. He suddenly wakes up and rubbed his forehead. "Did you forget how to do a bottle?" you joke. "Uhm what? Why?" he asks. "I'm pretty sure this bottle is full of powdered milk" you giggle. "Yeah probably..." he chuckles. "I don't think I can remember how to count above three" he adds. You chuckle and put a kiss on his shoulder, before taking the bottle from his hand. "Go to sleep. I take care of this" you whisper. "Ya sure?" Darren manage to say with a sleepy voice. "Yeah, just go" you smirk. You started to do the bottle again and you felt him kissing your cheek."Thanks babe" he said. "You're welcome. Just try to remember the path to our room" you say back. "I won't promise anything" he said as he left the room.

You made the bottle, trying as hard as you can to push away your urgent need to sleep. You were about to go in Sami's room to take her up, but when you crossed your room, you saw that Darren was sitting under the sheets, his back against the headboard and the little girl in his arms. He had his eyes closed and sang quietly "Sami, why can't you see, what you're doing to me?". You laugh and join them, but your husband insisted on feeding her. "She might be waking me every 3 hours, but she's the cutest baby ever and I need Daddy/baby time" he said. He was too much. Sometimes you asked yourself if you would die of cuteness one day with those two.