Chapter One- The Arrangement

I laughed alongside my friends, Amber and Krystal. "No, seriously, that's what happened! Ask Krystal!" The girl giggled to herself, covering her mouth in a polite gesture. "It's true, I was there. Sarang-shi legit did it!" Amber shook her head, letting out a hearty snicker. "Only you, Sarang-ah, would have the guts to pour ice cream over the head of the school's queenka."

Yes, in fact, if you're wondering, that just happened about 15 minutes ago. I heard the school queenka, Taeyeon, sass Amber about being a tomboy, calling her some "useless lesbian" to her colleagues. I don't think the lesbian term is really offensive, but in the manner, she intended it to be. So, having what people call "a short fuse" I lost my temper, walked behind her, and dumped my ice cream over her head.

The entire cafeteria gawked at my actions, including my friend, Krystal. We ran to Amber after it happened, who as usual was skating in the parking lot, where we now were.

"What? She deserves it honestly," I snickered. "I can't help if I have a bad temper."

Amber tisked at me, "Omo, Sarang-shi, that's not attractive to guys." Krystal giggled again, "Yeah, you want a boyfriend, don't you? Most want a shy, cute, and quiet girl nowadays. Not a loud, temperamental hot head. Do that, and a guy will go running in the other direction as soon as he sees you!" I rolled my eyes, "Haha, very funny. Remind me why a guy would want a tomboy or a perfectionist again?"

"Har har, Sarang-ah, but if you want a guy you'll have to mature a bit!" Krystal joked, ignoring my sarcasm. "You want a guy to fall for you, right?"

I snorted, "Yeah, as if a guy would fall for me. I can't imagine it honestly. A guy? Falling? For me? Ha!" Amber shook her head, "Well, maybe it's just because of how you are. Our parents aren't begging us to have grandchildren, but I'm sure yours will soon."

"Speaking of which, when are you going to introduce us to your parents? Or take us to your house?" Krystal asked, twirling a strand of brown hair around one manicured finger.

I gnawed on my lower lip, probably making it pinker than it already was. I tried my best to avoid those questions. I'm not ashamed of my parents, but they do happen to be extremely successful business owners, owning one of the biggest industries and factories. They're highly regarded CEO's, working as one of the most powerful power-couples in all of South Korea. It doesn't help that we live in a mansion, and I barely was able to convince them to let me go to a public school.

In fact, the main reason I didn't want to tell my friends was because I was afraid they'd think differently of me. They might start treating me as some sort of rich freak, or as a stuck up princess, or perhaps even mooch off of me for my fortune. Sure, I'm sure they might not do it, but one can't be too careful. I wouldn't want word to get out to the rest of the school, anyways. Word would spread fast, and knowing the kids in the school, it wouldn't go well. It was simpler to just keep it a secret for now.

Amber and Krystal currently believed my parents were doctors, that way I could explain some of the fancy upcoming that suddenly popped up.

Such as the one coming now.

A black limo stretched in front of us into the parking lot, a frozen-faced chauffeur driving it. He exited the car and bowed in front of me, "Miss Song, I'm here to pick you up for a meeting."

I blushed as Max bowed before me, my chauffeur. He's been driving me since I was 7, and I used almost every excuse to avoid taking the limo. Unfortunately, I suppose that this time was inevitable and unavoidable. I gulped nervously as I felt Krystal and Amber's suspicious glares boring into the back of my head. I turned to them, nervously chuckling. "Uh, I'm sure it's just a special occasion I forgot about, I'll see you guys later. Just inform the teacher that I had to leave for a family matter, alright?"