BISLY 40

"I met Seunghyun today. Do you remember him? Of course you do. You never forget people, do you? Anyway, he just came back from Japan to work on a project with us for three years." Yunho chuckle, rubbing his thumb repeatedly on top of their connected hands. "Actually, I don't really remember him... You know me. I don't really mingle around and pay attention to unnecessary things back then. But he called me Ice Prince, God it's such a corny title, and asked about you." Yunho burst out laughing again. "Sorry. I just- I still find the nickname amusing. I mean, Ice Prince? Seriously? Ice Prince?"

Pausing, Yunho stared at Jaejoong's unchanging expression.

"Anyway, I told him about us, you know. You should've seen his expression when I said you're my fiance and future spouse. I thought he was having a heart attack or something." Yunho chuckled and kissed Jaejoong's knuckles full with longing. "He wondered how we got together. He said you were pining over me so bad but I never seemed to notice. Or care. He said, everyone thought you'll still be around me loving me quietly and I'll still be the ignorant Ice Prince. Your feelings were that obvious, huh?" Yunho snorted. "Of course it was. I'm the one who's blind. And stupid. God, I was really stupid then, wasn't I? It seemed like everyone knew but me."

Why am I talking about the sad past? He won't like it. Yunho squeezed the hand in his and smiled brightly as he changed the topic. "By the way, I already promised to invite him to our wedding. He made me promise to have it within these three years so don't blame me if you need more time, okay? We're officially getting married soon by hook or by crook, understand?" Yunho chuckled. "But I'll definitely propose first, no worries. Don't sulk about me forcing you to marry me, okay? I will propose to you every single day until you agree. Angel will help me too, just you wait."

The constant beeping had become familiar but Yunho still felt suffocated listening to it. He'd rather hear Jaejoong's voice any time. But beggars can't be choosers. "The doctors said if you keep this up, they'll schedule the surgery next week. Probably on Wednesday. You hear that? Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Just five more days before we get to see our Angel. Aren't you happy, Love?" Yunho leaned forward and kissed the man's forehead. His lips stayed close to his beloved's skin as he whispered his wish. "Just a few more days and this will be over. You will be okay... Our Angel too... Both of you will come back to me healthy and strong." Because you promised...