JLABD 08

"Wha... What?"

"There's nothing to worry about. It's just a standard procedure. Anyone with m-preg gene is encouraged to perform the test at least once a month after starting to to engage in sexual activity." The doctor smiled kindly. Her voice was gentle and reassuring as she explained but Jaejoong's too nervous to appreciate her effort.

"But- But I can't be pregnant! I mean, it was just once... We only did it once." 

"It doesn't matter. The m-preg gene is the ultimate reporoduction catalyst. As soon as you hit puberty, you can easily get pregnant once you started to have sex. However, the male's body is different from a woman's so whenever conception happened successfully, your body will start to change. That's when you'll start feeling sick and weak." She paused with a soft smile. "Based on your complaints before, there's a high probability that that's what's happening with you right now. The test will tell us for sure if you're carrying."

Unconsciously, he found himself palming his flat stomach with wonder. "Pregnant...? I- I might really be... pregnant? Me?" With Yunho's baby? Really?

"Yes. However, your pulse is way more erratic than it should be." She frowned. "I'm worried if perhaps there's a problem?"

Jaejoong tensed, suddenly feeling cold and scared. "Problem?"

"Usually, it would take about three to eight weeks before everything's settled. If your body can't secure the fertilized egg, it would just disappear painlessly."

All of a sudden, Jaejoong felt faint. "It... It died?"

"I take it you want it?" She smiled. "Then, please don't be discouraged. I'm just telling you a possible scenario. You're showing signs of adjustment so I believe that's not the case at all. Don't worry. Let me perform the test for you. That way, I can find out the exact problem and what we should do. Alright?"

"Okay." Relieved, Jaejoong nodded. Who knew? A baby... With a palm pressed comfortably against his stomach, Jaejoong smiled happily. He might be carrying Yunho's baby... Baby... His own baby... What can be better than that? After horrible weeks, things are finally looking good. Everything will be fine now. Yunhoyah, baby... You'll be happy too, won't you? Our own baby...