Memoria

It's an eerie mansion, filled with too much grandeur but without life. At times like this, the little boy found himself wondering again where the countless maids and servants are hiding because surely if they're inside, the mansion won't feel this empty? Not that he'll ask anyone for answers though. Nobody would even pretend to care about what he want. Pouting at the sad reminder, he paced around the gigantic living room mindful not to damage anything while entertaining himself with the sound of his footsteps and swinging his hands happily. In his left hand, a glossy certificate. It's one of it's kind. Yay, I'm the best student this year! Aboeji will be so proud of me!

Just like last year, he's among the youngest at the kindergarten but this year, he'd beaten all those older kids to get the best result. He even skipped playtime throughout this whole year just to practice. He even do extra homework at home too. Even though it's boring and lonely, he didn't give up. And see?! See?! He have his reward already. Ha, served them right for always making fun of me. They don't know a thing! He giggled, unable to contain his joy when he remembered how every kids looked either mad or jealous when all the parents kept comparing their son or daughter to him. It made his graduation day this year so much better even though his parents still couldn't attend it. He's sure next year he'll be bullied even worst but it doesn't matter.

"Shit."

The little boy beamed, recognizing the voice that belonged to his father. "Aboeji! Look! I graduated as the best student this year!" He skipped towards him, only to froze when the man continued walking as if his son wasn't there. Only the woman in his father's arms, a different one as always, looked back at him. He couldn't tell whether it was pity or confusion in her eyes. Maybe it was neither. "Aboeji?" He tried again, voice breaking.

Not once did his father looked back at him.

Not once did his steps slowed or faltered.

And seeing this, always hurt him more than when the big boys make fun of him or beat him. 

He felt invincible. The worst kind of invincible. As if he doesn't exist. And alone. Like nobody want him. It hurts. Aboeji... It hurts...

His eyes quickly watered and when the little boy wailed, no one bothered to soothe him.

The four year old Jung Yunho might be the only heir to the Jung-Im empire in the future but right now, he's just a worthless crybaby cared by none.

Sadly, it's a fact the little boy knows himself.