Scare

"Yah! Jung Jiho! What are you doing?! Get down now!"

Anyone else would've been shocked or terrified by that shrill voice. However, the said boy merely chuckled instead of following the simple instruction.

"Yah! Get down!"

"Jihyo, sweetie, why are you yelling so early in the morning?"

"Appa!" The little girl raised her hand and immediately whined as she was picked up effortlessly. "Look Appa! Jiho oppa's being naughty! He's climbing that cabinet!"

In shock, Yunho almost dropped her. "Jiho!" Because seriously, how did a 5 year old climbed a glass cabinet triple his size? Dear God. "Get down now!"

"Yunhoyah!" Jaejoong gasped from behind him and Yunho wordlessly handed their little girl over. With Jihyo in Jaejoong's arms, he knew the other would less likely hyperventilate. Hopefully.

"Appa!" The little devil beamed, standing up on the very top and Yunho felt his heart stopped when his son lost his balance.

"Yunhoyah!"

Yunho quickly rushed forward just in time to catch his son's fall who obviously thought it was all part of a game the way he continued to giggle and flail.

"Jung Jiho!" He roared, still affected by the scare as he put the boy down and slapped his butt. Even with the pampers, it went with a resounding smack but Yunho felt no remorse at all. He'd rather disciplined his son the hard way than lose him for being too lenient. After all, Jiho had been doing things like this for a while now but they'd figured it was harmless and just acts of curiosity that they both usually let the boy off with mere scolding. Never again.

As soon as the boy started wailing, Jihyo cried as well. Yunho sighed and glanced at his poor Jaejoong, still as white as a ghost. J's starting to cry too, maybe it's the shock. Sighing, Yunho looked back at his son. He felt terrible seeing the hurt in the boy's eyes and slowly, he managed to calm down. "Jiho..."

The boy resisted his touch, shaking his head pitifully and flailing all over. Yunho's actually a little heartbroken about it.

It took a while but when Yunho could finally hug his litle boy, Jiho went lax and clutched at the side of his pajama.

"Jiho, I love you. We love you so please, don't do that again. It's dangerous."

The boy sniffled. "Appa don't live me anymore!"

"Of course not! I love you so much! That's why I'm so mad. If I didn't- If we weren't here, you'll fall and hurt yourself... You'll get hurt and if you're hurt, all of us will be hurt and sad too. See, they're still crying because they thought Jiho was going to fall just now."

"But Appa hit me! It hurts..."

"I know little prince, I know. Appa's so sorry but you need to understand, we've been telling you not to climb things especially when we're not looking, haven't we? You didn't listen. Maybe now you'll remember? If you fell, it'll hurt even more. You don't want to get hurt, do you?"

The boy agreed easily. "I'm sorry..."

"Forgiven. Don't scare us like that ever again, alright?"

"Okay. Appa still love me?"

"100% yes." Picking up his little boy, Yunho lovingly kissed his chubby cheek. "Come, let's say sorry to Jihyo and your father too."