Soulmates

Jackson's POV

"Avery."

I hear someone say behind me.

"Chief Shepherd.." I whispered as I drank my coffee.

"Have you seen Elena?" He asked.

"No, I haven't seen her in few days actually..since Teddy's disapproval."

Looking around him, he glances at the people in the room, before the elevator doors open and expects Elena to walk through, but doesn't.

"If you find her, send her over to my office." He asks.

"Yes, Sir."

"Jackson, Teddy wants us in Ricky's room," Lexie says from down the hall.

Grabbing my coffee, I slid the files back to the Nurse, and leave.

The walk to Ricky's room was quiet as Lexia and I remembered their big fight in the hallway.

"Where do you think she is?" She whispered.

"Right behind you." Elena said, as she came out of the emergency staircase.

"Dr. Shepherd,"Teddy said as she stood beside Ricky's room.

Walking in behind her, Elena's mood changed as she saw Julia and Ricky standing together.

"Good Morning," Ricky says, just before Elena and all of us say it back.

"So, is your relationship over?" Teddy asked.

"It is.." He says as Julia stood with her arms crossed beside him.

"Okay, well you can say your goodbye's, Ricky needs to be prepared for his surgery." She said.

Keeping my eyes on Elena, she glanced her eyes between Ricky and Julia.

"We'll be outside." She said, before leaving.

Turning to the left, she goes to the computer right outside the room. While Teddy walked behind the Nurse's desk, waiting.

"Well, this is awkward," Lexie whispered as we stood to the right side of them.

"Very.."

"How are we going to be stuck in a room with the both of them, if they can't even stand in the same room."

"That's easy. We'll put each other in their way."

"Yeah right? Teddy was in the Army before she came here."

"Yeah, whatever. I still think Elena can take her."

Watching as she was typing on the computer, she had stopped. Turning her head slightly, before looking in Ricky's room.

Shortly after Julia had come out of the room, before turning to Elena and thanking her for the work she had done.

"You're welcome." She whispered.

"Avery, Thomas. Prep him." Teddy ordered, as she stood up and left the desk.

Elena's POV

Feeling as my phone vibrated, I had an urgent message from Derek.

"Office. Now."

Walking over the glass crossway, I see Derek sitting in his brown leather chair through the glass window.

"Come in." I hear, as I lightly knocked on the door.

"You paged."

"What is going on with you?" He questioned, as he leaned his elbows on the table.